LighthouseKeepers.com

CH 102 R Stripe Variation

Posted By: Kaiz

CH 102 R Stripe Variation - 01/09/08 02:39 AM

I recently purchased a CH2 which has a variation of the tower stripe. As you can see in the photo, it is the one on the right. I only know of a couple of collectors who have one of these and I am trying to find out how many of the forum collectors may also have this painted version. I am just trying, through this small sampling, to try to estimate how few or how many may exist. Thanks. Mike

Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: CH 102 R Stripe Variation - 01/09/08 03:03 AM

I have seen one with the stripes running the other way.. Lets call both of those running clockwise.. I have seen one with the stripes running counter-clockwise..
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: CH 102 R Stripe Variation - 01/09/08 10:35 PM

That 'counter-clockwise' stripe error is on the cover of the 1992 Harbour Lights Brochure. You can see it on page 206 of the Official Collectors Guide to Harbour Lights.

Not sure if that was just the negatives getting 'flopped' or it was an actual painting error.
Posted By: wclark

Re: CH 102 R Stripe Variation - 01/09/08 11:32 PM

Mike, I have a CH2 with the variation that you show. I describe it as the white stripe starting over the door.
Several years ago when I took it to a signing I beleive Bill said he was aware of two others that he had signed. At least that is what I remember. I would be interested in knowing the flag number on your piece. The one I have is #706. Thanks Warren
Posted By: Kaiz

Re: CH 102 R Stripe Variation - 01/10/08 01:56 AM

Hi Warren,
The number on the piece is 1743 and the # on the correct one is 1719.
Thanks
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: CH 102 R Stripe Variation - 01/10/08 06:29 AM

Mike and Warren,

I guess I have the third one. It has Flag Number #2020. Bill signed it before I purchased it and he signed it "1 of 2".

bobo
Posted By: Dave H

Re: CH 102 R Stripe Variation - 01/10/08 05:17 PM

Gee, Bob, if Bill knew of two others when Warren's was signed, I suppose yours had to be one of them? Wonder if Mike's new addition is signed?
© 2024 Collector Forums