LighthouseKeepers.com

Collectors Forum Exclusive

Posted By: DANIEL

Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/09/18 02:40 PM

Can you believe it has been ten years since we did the Wisconsin Point.

How about another Forum Exclusive.
The savanna Harbor light. Harry make 50 to 100 of them and Rich paints them. They should be relatively simple to paint. Harry can provide Rich the colors already mixed with and the counter sample to follow and keep. Harry probably would have to use that expensive polymer that he used for the Fresnel lens he made.

Rich am I in trouble. I don't mean you paint these for free either.

Savana Harbor Light

Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/09/18 05:59 PM

I'll pass on the assignment to paint. Just the word "Paint" reminds me of our house which needs painting every 5 years or so. At 75 I figure I have one more paint job in me and then I will retire the house brushes.
Posted By: RMau

Re: Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/10/18 11:17 AM

Hummm, or maybe Harry sells a kit?

The light, pre-mixed paints, instructions with photos. Then submit your finished product and win a free whatever light Harry does next!

Rick

Re: Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/11/18 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By RMau
Hummm, or maybe Harry sells a kit?

The light, pre-mixed paints, instructions with photos. Then submit your finished product and win a free whatever light Harry does next!

Rick

I like that. Didn't they do something like that at one of the Reunions/
Posted By: RMau

Re: Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/11/18 02:39 PM

Yes, at least one of the reunions had a 'paint your own piece' event. I forget what the piece was, Rich's volumes probably have it, but it was not full size. More like ornament size if I remember right.

Rick
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/11/18 05:55 PM

It was the unpainted White Shoal Ornament at the 2005 Reunion.

Re: Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/12/18 06:30 AM

Ya then they came home from the reunion and sold the unpainted Shoal for big bucks.
There was some LLOM whiteware from the 2001 reunion, like the Haig point which I have.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Collectors Forum Exclusive - 06/13/18 08:01 PM

I had white Shoal ornament for people to paint at Mackinac. Harry also brought several kits of unassembled skeleton lights, don't remember which one. Think there were 5. I know where 3 of them are now.

At Baltimore there were also Haig Point LLOM pieces you could paint. I believe they also did something at a San Diego regional event.
© 2024 Collector Forums