LighthouseKeepers.com

Erie Land Light on ebay

Posted By: DANIEL

Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/06/07 01:11 AM

The land light has now gone as high as $102.50
The seller sold it for over twice as much as he bought it for.

ELL on ebay
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/06/07 01:21 AM

Great news!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/06/07 03:55 AM

Lets see all the things wrong with this auction:

(1) Blew the description big time
(2) Still blew the revised description
(3) Omitted enough info the third try that he was not incorrect.
(4) Used a copyrighted image lifted either from HL or the CF without permission.

FWIW, the seller is not the original purchaser unless someone else purchased it for them.

Nice to see the price has doubled. Sometimes have to wonder where folks were when the ELL was for sale here, at retail. And, it had mentions in at lest two Legacies plus one of LHDepot's email pieces.
Posted By: Bruce and Judy

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/06/07 10:45 PM

That's great to see the value of the ELL go up, although we won't be selling ours.

This listing looks like a good candidate for the "eBay's eBlunders" post in Secondary Market Information. Just a good example of why buyers have to also do their research prior to bidding.
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/07/07 12:39 AM

Congrats on making Wacko Bruce and Judy.

I plan on hanging onto my ELL. But it's nice to see the raise in value.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/07/07 01:30 AM

I'm in the same boat as Cyndi, Bruce and Judy. I NEVER intend to sell any of my lighthouses.

After I pass away it will be a different story. I'd like them to be buried with me -- but "Digger" would probably dig me up. (Just kidding.)

Actually my relatives might even have a garage sale immediately after the funeral. vhappy (Again, just kidding.)

bobo
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/07/07 02:18 AM

Its nice to see the high amount someone will pay for the ELL.

As for me, all my HL's are of the same value, PRICELESS !!!

vhappy
Posted By: BeaconBob

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/07/07 04:21 AM

I'm glad I joined the HL collection bug in time to buy mine at normal prices and through the thread here on the CF and getting to know everyone!!!
Posted By: Bruce and Judy

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/07/07 07:18 AM

Thanks Cyndi! We're on our way to Super Wacko, out there somewhere.

Now, we have to learn how to add an avatar image.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/07/07 01:24 PM

It's nice to see something created by CF members, for their fellow CF people (and other HL collectors), do so well on the secondary market. Here's hoping another CF Exclusive may become a reality some day.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/15/07 12:32 AM

I think most of us will go to the great beyond leaving our collections in limbo. My kids will probably get someone to sell everything on ebay because they won't even want to mess with doing it themselves. I think they will be surprised that a couple of these gems, including the ELL, will bring them a few bucks - and they thought I was nuts "wasting" my money on lighthouses! :rolleyes:

Just discovered that Bruce and Judy are THE Bruce and Judy from the Chicago bus trip! Great to discover old friends on the CF's and to put faces with names. smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Erie Land Light on ebay - 02/16/07 12:37 AM

Quote:
... they thought I was nuts "wasting" my money on lighthouses!
No it is NEVER nuts ... and it is NEVER wasting money ...

The enjoyment is what counts and our kids will be surprised at the end - I guess.Hope they do something nice and worthwhile with the money they'll get for our treasures! For us they are beautiful works of art!
© 2024 Collector Forums