LighthouseKeepers.com

CF Exclusive Poll Results

Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/18/07 03:32 PM

So what does everyone think about the CF exclusive poll results.

I know it doesn't mean Wisconsin Point will be the choice, but I glad it got the most votes. applaud

Little Gull Island might have been my #1 if I knew it was going to be done with the Keepers house that no longer exists. But then it probably would have been too big to be included.

Same for Doubling Point, I think it should be done with the bridge and keepers house. Way too big for a CF exclusive.

keyboard These are just my thoughts, anyone else care to share their opinions.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/18/07 03:47 PM

I see it as Doubling Point getting the most total 1st and second place votes.
Little Gull and Wisconsin Pt were tied for 2nd with total 1st and 2nd votes.
I would guess it's up to HL to decide which one makes the most sense for them.
Hopefully the others might get into a future LE?
just my thoughts,
Bob
Posted By: SThompson

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/18/07 08:20 PM

Less than impressive voter turnout. tired
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/18/07 10:09 PM

Generally, vote participation usually runs around 35 to 45 votes.

The highest voting participation was 3 years ago with Rich’s post on “What area of the country are you from or have allegiance to when it comes to the Collector's Forums?” this was a very popular poll with 82 voters.

The next popular post was done this last spring by me and it was the Barking Rock survey post. It had 81 voters.

The amount of voters for the forum exclusive was only 73. Obviously, there is not a herd of people out there that gets involved. We hear about this fantastic number of members, but when it comes to them showing their faces or them getting involved, they just disappear. Where are these 4585 members? Do they just register and then we never hear from them again or what? This poll was done so the forum members could be involved and your vote is very important to the team members. I would at least think we could have had 81 voters. This is just, if not more important than commenting on the Barking Rocks or where your favorite collecting area is.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/19/07 12:37 AM

I agree with your feelings concerning the voter turnout, but, the main thing was that the Members got to vote on their favorite. Those that took the opportunity, I salute you! Those that didn't take the time to vote will still be happy with the end results.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/19/07 01:22 AM

You must look beyond the number of voters expressing their feelings about what might possibly be our next CF Exclusive.

Getting more people to cast their ballot is not of the utmost importance. Getting the people to support and purchase 500 of the future CF Exclusive is of the utmost importance.

I'm sure there are many in our silent majority that are pleased there will be a second CF Exclusive. They don't really care what it is because they will buy it anyways.

Think positive, ladies and gentlemen!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/19/07 02:37 PM

I agree that just because there's a low voter turnout, it doesn't mean a lack of interest. Most will buy it no matter which of the five is picked. Those of us who did vote had some fun. cool

As for if Wisconsin Point or Doubling Point really won. IMO first place votes mean more then second place votes, but you can make numbers say just about anything you want. smile

Was it possible to vote for the same lighthouse as your first and second pick? confused
Posted By: rscroope

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/19/07 05:32 PM

I don't consider 73 a low number. 73 is the consensus of regular forumites expressing their strategery. :p
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/19/07 07:01 PM

Well, this poll was only open for 5 days, and I was on vacation during that entire period without access to a computer. Otherwise I would have voted.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/19/07 07:21 PM

Actually the poll opened on 9/2/07 at 10:25PM and closed at midnight on 9/17/07.. Dave posted a reminder on 09-10-2007 10:54 AM in the General Forum...
Posted By: Bill38429

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/26/07 11:20 PM

I discovered this site yesterday, so I came into the game too late to vote. (I will next year, though!) But just the fact that Jones Point would get any consideration makes me happy. I would love to eventually see that light become a Harbour Light. Maybe someday it will.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: CF Exclusive Poll Results - 09/27/07 01:13 AM

Things are really moving along quite quickly with the 2nd CF Exclusive. What a plus! I'm sure we will all be anxious to find out what lighthouse will be bestowed with that honor and still fit in with the requirements for our very limited production and acceptable to Harbour Lights in our price range.

smile Bob smile
© 2024 Collector Forums