LighthouseKeepers.com

Anclote Keys has a new Lens

Posted By: Weasel58

Anclote Keys has a new Lens - 12/13/04 04:41 AM

On the 15th of November the Coast Guard was kind enough to install a new lens in Anclote Keys. The new lens is a replica Fourth Order, which has 4 bulls-eyes and 2 brass-covered panels. If you have seen the HL 4th order Hereford Inlet lens, imagine it with 4 bulls-eyes instead of 2. I was able to go out to Anclote Keys this weekend, with a group of Volunteers to help clean up the lighthouse compound and was able to climb the tower to get a couple of photos. Then we spent the next few hours pulling weeds from around the tower.
tower.

Here is a picture of the top of the light from the walkway. One can see the new lens.

Here is a picture of the lens from inside the lantern room.

edited to fix the picture link - Dave
Posted By: Zachary

Re: Anclote Keys has a new Lens - 12/13/04 05:30 AM

That's great news! It's great to see what was one an endangered LH i such great shape.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Anclote Keys has a new Lens - 12/13/04 04:45 PM

Thanks for sharing the info and pictures, Eric. Was the lens made there in the Tampa area?
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Anclote Keys has a new Lens - 12/14/04 02:09 AM

Dave, the company that made the lens is in JAX (Jacksonville,FL) I had their website somewhere, but I seem to have lost it.
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: Anclote Keys has a new Lens - 12/14/04 03:58 AM

Thanks Eric.as you know I did not climb and thiis the first I have seen the lens up close.Its
hell to not be able to climb but I did pull a fef weeds and cooked the burgers.
© 2024 Collector Forums