LighthouseKeepers.com

2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative.

Posted By: PFC

2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. - 10/03/06 02:30 AM

smile Seven lucky lighthouses are now the finalists in the 2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. smile

http://tinyurl.com/je7dq

Please Vote for your Favorite Lighthouse!

My best, smile
Paul Conlin
ALF Secretary
Posted By: seagirt

Re: 2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. - 10/03/06 04:21 AM

Was just coming to post this! It's a pretty cool contest - neat idea. It was hard to choose, but I think I chose the one that has the most environmental need for a good set of windows.

Windows make all the difference. At Sea Girt, we're nearing completion on a project to replace many of the windows with replicas (many were either non-functioning or badly damaged, so the SGLH Citizen's Committee has been replacing them with ones designed to be exact matches for the originals - but with modern manufacturing standards and materials). It's already helped out a LOT in preventing leaks - leaks that led to the need to replace all the original 106-year-old floor boards and joists on part of the second floor due to rot.

All these lights could use the donation, but whoever wins will get a nice gift. Jeld-Wens are good windows, too (although we're more of Anderson people - I guess it's kind of like Ford families and Chevy families).

BTW, there's only 6 lights in the voting, not 7. Unless something is really wonky with my computer.
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: 2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. - 10/03/06 05:06 AM

6 is all I saw too. This is a really neat idea. I voted but it was hard to choose.
Posted By: wheland

Re: 2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. - 10/03/06 12:44 PM

It seems that this one lets you vote at least every day.

I voted yesterday and just voted again- although for a different lighthouse- again this morning.

Dennis
Posted By: 5lights

Re: 2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. - 10/03/06 04:31 PM

Tough choice with six to choose from and all deserving or in need of windows. Cast my vote. smile
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. - 10/03/06 06:54 PM

I didn't think the vote was very tough. I'm from Massachusetts and so is the lighthouse I voted for.
smile Bob smile
Posted By: 5lights

Re: 2006 JELD-WENŽ Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. - 11/13/06 04:29 PM

Have been checking back periodically since the voting ended...but still no announcement of the winner for the windows! frown
© 2024 Collector Forums