LighthouseKeepers.com

Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience

Posted By: PFC

Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience - 03/26/06 04:13 PM

smile Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience cool

Just what kind of people served at America’s light stations since 1716? How did these brave keepers of the light cope with powerful storms, isolation and hardship? Did you ever wonder what kind of equipment was used to send out the light that helped save ships from the dangers of the sea? The answers to these and many other fascinating lighthouse questions are waiting to be discovered at the American Lighthouse Foundation’s Museum of Lighthouse History, located in Wells, Maine.

Click the following link for the full story:

http://tinyurl.com/g34qj

All my best,
Paul Conlin
Secretary,
American Lighthouse Foundation
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience - 03/26/06 05:25 PM

Sounds like a good place to visit. Is the story correct that it is free?
Posted By: PFC

Re: Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience - 03/26/06 05:31 PM

smile Yes Eric It is FREE . I know not too many things are free these days but there is no charge for admission to the Museum of Lighthouse History! Of course all donations are welcomed! laugh

My best,
Paul Conlin
ALF Secretary
Posted By: HCS

Re: Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience - 03/27/06 04:26 AM

Yes Eric it is free.
And it is a great museum, loads of info.
We enjoyed our visit in January.
HCS
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience - 03/27/06 04:36 AM

Hopefully, many of us will have the opportunity to visit the museum in October. If Dave's able to plan a trip around the October 7 Harbour Lights Regional Event, a lot of us will go up for it.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Museum of Lighthouse History Offers Unique Learning Experience - 03/27/06 10:08 PM

Its very nice. If you find you want to spend money on some lighthouses you can go next door the the LHD. For those of you with RV's, there are plenty of campgrounds in the area. I stayed in a very nice one last year for the opening of the museum as NELL set up a table along with some others. Matter of fact, the picture on the NEW NELL forum with Admiral Pekowsky was taken there.

smile cool
© 2024 Collector Forums