LighthouseKeepers.com

Report on lighthouse probe to be released

Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Report on lighthouse probe to be released - 08/17/04 01:35 AM

http://www.dailyadvance.com/news/newsfd/auto/feed/news/2004/08/14/1092533298.18121.1375.6326.html
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Report on lighthouse probe to be released - 08/17/04 02:36 AM

Be nice to get the whole mess over and done with. Wonder what the dirtbag will resort to next?
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Report on lighthouse probe to be released - 08/22/04 06:36 PM

This really SUCKS. Talk about abuse of power. mad
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Report on lighthouse probe to be released - 08/22/04 07:13 PM

It appears that Dirt Bag Jones is indeed in league with the devil and possibly other unsavory low-lives in an attempt to resurrect his tarnished image in the eyes of others like him. Why would an elected member of Congress have such a vindictive attitude towards OBC and its honorable objectives?

Whatever the reason behind his inept, hostile attitude towards a noble cause, it almost makes me want to move into his district in order to vote against him. With everything going on in the world today, it seems a shame that a ding-a-ling such as Jones would have the time to continually construct obstacles in an attempt to block the restoration of an American Lighthouse. Of course, then again, maybe he isn’t smart enough to do anything else.

He may be one an unfortunate person who was born ignorant and as it turned out, it was the smartest day of his life. It rather sounds like he probably needs directions pasted on his kitchen wall in order to properly turn a light switch on and off. WHAT A TRAGIC TURN OF EVENTS.

Bob
Posted By: Too Many Stairs

Re: Report on lighthouse probe to be released - 08/23/04 02:10 PM

I'm so completely lost on this issue there must be something I'm not getting. I've been following this for what seems like forever, but I just don't understand the politics involved in this fiasco.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Report on lighthouse probe to be released - 08/23/04 04:16 PM

Don't feel alone. This whole thing has the makings for a book.

The obvious is...the politicians involved have had their own agenda from day one. The latest had been on their laundry list of threats.

We can only be thankful that no other lighthouse or group has had to endure what Currituck and the OBC, Inc. have been forced to go through.

Let's hope that through the remainder of the lighthouse transfers, it doesn't happen anywhere else.

Judy
Posted By: Too Many Stairs

Re: Report on lighthouse probe to be released - 08/24/04 03:40 PM

That's the kind of thing that really puts a damper on the hard working volunteers though. I feel for them. I wouldn't want to go through that kind of headache if I were paid staff yet alone a volunteer, so hats off to those guys for hanging tough.
© 2024 Collector Forums