LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse in Coke Commercial

Posted By: Lightseeker

Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/11/01 11:36 PM

Has anyone seen the Coke commercial on TV with a group of boys surfboarding? I think the boy narrating says they're off "Kingston County" Maine. I couldn't find that county in my Atlas.

There's a lighthouse in the background that looks to me like Pigeon Point, which of course we last saw in Rhode Island on the TV show "Providence". That lighthouse really gets around since it left the Pacific Coast!

The site the lighthouse sits on doesn't look high enough for Pigeon Point, though. So maybe it's a different light, but I'll bet not one in Maine. Does anyone else recognize it?

Bruce
Posted By: Elanguy

Re: Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/12/01 03:17 AM

There isn't a Kingston County in Maine, as far as I know. The lighthouse also doesn't look like any I've seen in Maine. Maybe on of the Forum veterans can figure it out.
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/12/01 04:49 AM

Looks like Pigeon Point to me.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/12/01 05:39 AM

I agree on the Pigeon Point appearance. Maybe this light is actually being towed around the eastern US by the infamous Selkirk van?

Dave
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/12/01 07:17 AM

I've seen this commercial a number of times. And I must say what do these people at Coke and their ad agency think?

Don't they know that perhaps a half-a-million people will recognize that THIS IS NOT some Maine Lighthouse and another bunch of people will know there is NO KINGSTON COUNTY in Maine?

They are insulting the intelligence of those they are trying to solicit to drink Coke.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/12/01 12:14 PM

At a quick glance, it looks like Pigeon Point to me too. You can write off their "fictious" description to the poetic license of commercial writers.

I wonder if any young Coca-Cola drinkers will want to plan a vacation there? "Hey dude, let's grab the boards and head for Kingston, Maine!"

Surf's up!

Bob
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/12/01 03:46 PM

Surf at your own risk off Pigeon Point. Pigeon Point is a popular hang out for Great White Sharks.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Lighthouse in Coke Commercial - 05/13/01 02:38 AM

Maybe that's why it got moved to Maine?
© 2024 Collector Forums