LighthouseKeepers.com

"Own A Lighthouse" Conference at Traverse City MI Jun 04

Posted By: Webmaster

"Own A Lighthouse" Conference at Traverse City MI Jun 04 - 04/16/04 05:48 AM

News from Traverse City Record-Eagle
Posted By: Dave H

Re: "Own A Lighthouse" Conference at Traverse City MI Jun 04 - 04/16/04 06:25 AM

Information on this conference has, unfortunately, not had significant distribution that I am aware of. The article John linked to had a link to the Michigan Lighthouse Project, and on this page are links to PDFs about the conference.

The amount of information that was shared at Saint Augustine was phenomenal. At times it was almost a data dump there was so much information. The Michigan conference has a very ambitious agenda to be covered in just two days. If you do have the opportunity to attend, do so. You will meet some really interesting folks, many of them very deeply involved in lighthouse preservation around the country.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: "Own A Lighthouse" Conference at Traverse City MI Jun 04 - 04/16/04 05:33 PM

I had seriously considered attending, since I wasn't able to attend the first conference, but with every thing else to do this year, I can't afford to travel all the way to Michigan.

I've also wondered how on earth they could pack it all into two days, since the majority of the information from the St. Augustine conference has been shared with me, and as you said, Dave, there was so much to absorb.

Judy
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: "Own A Lighthouse" Conference at Traverse City MI Jun 04 - 04/17/04 04:22 AM

Is anyone from the forums planning to go to this? I would like to have a representative from our club go.

Suzanne
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: "Own A Lighthouse" Conference at Traverse City MI Jun 04 - 04/17/04 04:41 PM

I'm considering it. But Chris graduates on May 27th and it will be a tight schedule.

My opinion is that they have tried to put a four day program into 2 days. They have '2 tracks' with simultaneous presentations on different topics. That means if your organization is to get the full benefit, you'll have to send at least 2 people.
© 2024 Collector Forums