LighthouseKeepers.com

Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation

Posted By: PFC

Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/19/07 04:55 AM

Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation

By Leanne M. Robicheau
VillageSoup/Knox County Times News Editor

OWLS HEAD (Dec 17): The American Lighthouse Foundation has taken Owls Head Light under its wing.

http://tinyurl.com/2ndx52

My best, smile
Paul Conlin
ALF Secretary
Posted By: Roland Babineau

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/19/07 05:38 AM

Thanks for posting that link Paul. Bob Trapani sent me that same link earlier today. It's a very unique arrangement with Rockland Breakwater-Owl's Head-ALF. It looks like another Maine lighthouse is well on its way to salvation! towel
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/19/07 04:15 PM

Great News !!!

Owl Head is one of my favorite lighthouses.

Did anyone know its the lighthouse on the Red Lobster coaster?
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/19/07 07:37 PM

Terrific news and great story and pictures! All who are involved with ALF should be commended for their continued, significant strides in lighthouse preservation. applaud Thanks for the link, Paul!
Posted By: Roland Babineau

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/21/07 05:59 AM

Got this link from Bob Trapani today about a story he wrote on his recent winter exploits at Owl's Head. Thought you all would enjoy it!
http://www.stormheroes.com/lhheritage/owlshead071219.htm
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/21/07 02:23 PM

Nice story, thanks for sharing the link!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/21/07 07:11 PM

Wonderful story! I visited Owl's Head again last
summer when I was in Maine. I had seen it sever al times before but my daughter hadn't, and I wanted her to see it. She was thrilled!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/21/07 07:23 PM

That's great news for Owl's Head..

Owl's Head in the fog taken 9/23/03.. The horn was blasting away when we walked back to the light, very cool!!
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Owls Head Light under wing of American Lighthouse Foundation - 12/22/07 06:14 PM

Very nice photo Paul...... it is like you just took me back there for a second to feel the cool foggy mist, fresh evergreen in the air, and the loud low hum of the fog horn..... ahhhh, MAINE!
© 2024 Collector Forums