LighthouseKeepers.com

"Ghosts" at Point Iroquois

Posted By: Digger

"Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 08/23/00 01:42 AM

I guess it's just one of the benefits of being a gravedigger, they just follow you wherever you go! Took this pic at a recent trip to the UP in Michigan and there was the "Keeper" to greet me. If you look at the upper left you will also see the keeper's wife's face peering down. Got double prints and only one of them showed this. Pretty "EERIE"!! (Sorry the pics so large but needed it to show the detail).

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39661&a=259804&p=26792022&Sequence=2[/img]
Posted By: Joanne

Re: "Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 08/23/00 02:43 AM

Wow, it is eerie. The upper left-side image actually appears to be a face. You could almost make out the shadows of eyes, nose and lips.

It could only happen to you Digger.

Joanne
Posted By: mombo

Re: "Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 08/23/00 03:28 AM

Maybe they are ghosts of some of the Iroquois massacred there in 1662? I'm sure they waited for you to show up to make an appearance Digger!
http://www.exploringthenorth.com/ptiroquois/iroquois.html
Posted By: Dave H

Re: "Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 08/23/00 06:33 AM

Just can't leave work at the office and enjoy vacation, can you Digger? Were you using one of those ghostbuster cameras?

Point Iriquois is a great light. Really enjoyed our visit there couple years ago.

Dave
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: "Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 08/23/00 08:22 AM

Just gives you goose bumps to look at it.
Ruthie
Posted By: Digger

Re: "Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 10/31/00 12:16 AM

Just thought I'd bring this to the top since it is Halloween time.
Posted By: Brent

Re: "Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 10/31/00 12:48 AM

Good idea, Digger!
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: "Ghosts" at Point Iroquois - 10/31/00 05:02 AM

Great picture of a beautiful lighthouse. It's amazing what shows up on film. Kind of makes you stop and wonder. Great shot for Halloween.

Carolyn
© 2024 Collector Forums