LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouses on License Plates

Posted By: rscroope

Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/11/99 03:34 PM

Observation:
About a week ago I noticed a lighthouse on the license plates of three cars from three different states within a hundred feet of the same traffic light.
Florida, Conneticutt and Massachusets as I recall.
I guess this is typical now with all the custom plates?
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/11/99 04:11 PM

Ohio has a lighthouse plate also with Marblehead Lighthouse on it. We have them on both of our cars.

Rod Watson

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 12-27-99).]
Posted By: Squid

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/11/99 08:24 PM

New Jersey has Cape May on a license plate.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/12/99 01:02 AM

Massachusetts has Nauset Light on its "Cape & Islands" Plates.
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/12/99 02:18 AM

The Connecticut License Plate has Saybrook Breakwater Lighthouse (aka the outer light). Some of the proceeds from the sale of these plates goes to preserving Long Island Sound which, of course, is CT's shoreline.

Ron
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/12/99 03:31 AM

Arizona's new special plate has a picture of John standing in front of his double wide with his halo in full glow (it's the closest they have to a beacon out in the desert) Limited edition "Signature Series" plates are available at an extra fee.

Rod Watson

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 12-27-99).]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/12/99 03:39 AM

New York has Montauk Point on some plates if you register on Long Island and also has The Statue of Liberty which has been a long time standard for NY plates. My plate is LGT KPR with the Statue of Liberty in the middle.
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/12/99 05:36 PM

One would think that the state with the largest number of lighthouses, the state that is installing lighthouse replicas at its Welcome Centers, the state that is constructing a great lighthouse museum, would have a license plate available with a lighthouse on it, but no! We don't.

Granted the Mackinac Bridge plate is a nice plate, it ain't no lighthouse.

Governer Engler, if you are listning, you know what to do!

-Todd (Wanted- lighthouse plate, proceed to go to The Great Lakes Lighthouse Museum....)
Posted By: jakescol

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/13/99 04:44 AM

I agree! Michigan really needs one. I think one will be coming soon.
Posted By: RMau

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/15/99 08:23 PM

North Carolina has a license plate with Cape Hatteras on it. Of all the lighthouse plates I've seen though, it's the least attactive. The replica of Hatteras is very small and you need to get real close to know what it is. Nonetheless, I have one on one of our cars. It reads, KPRCH.

New Jersey, our former state, has a license plate with Barnegat dipicted and I've heard of a NJ plate with Tucker Island depicted. Tucker Island, no longer standing, was near Egg Harbor I think. Any NJ natives have more information?
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/16/99 05:52 AM

>> standing in front of his double wide with his halo in full glow <<

How does he cope with all those moths?
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/16/99 06:55 AM

Bug Zapper, Tim. 125V AC. Actually the flying creatures down here in AZ are few and far between. Mosquitos - nary a one. Butterflies, yes.
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 01/17/99 05:02 AM

Wanna see the provenance of St. John's double wide?
http://www.kelleys.org/mhomes/title.html

[This message has been edited by LamarB (edited 01-16-99).]
Posted By: Robert M Dick

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 06/17/99 02:43 AM

Anyone know if Va. has made a final selection. Only one I've seen is Assateague on one end and Cape Charles on the other.

Moby of Tidewater Virginia
Posted By: Lighthousedude

Re: Lighthouses on License Plates - 06/17/99 01:41 PM

Hi Moby,

I don't know if VA has made the final selection yet.

However,I did receive an E-Mail about a week ago from the Chesapeake Chapter of the USLHS saying that they will be making the plates available to out of state collectors after January 2000.

Check that web site, they are pretty up to date.
© 2024 Collector Forums