LighthouseKeepers.com

Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows?

Posted By: Webmaster

Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 07/31/00 07:26 AM

Read the news release about the Outer Banks Lighthouse Society carefully and it says Four more shows are being wrapped up.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 07/31/00 08:24 PM

John-
I heard last year that they were going to come out with more, including Alaska and the eastern Great Lakes.

Jakers
Posted By: Brent

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 08/01/00 05:04 AM

I hope you're right, Jake. Both regions deserve some national exposure...
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 09/23/00 01:45 AM

The new "Legendary Lighthouses" series will be in four parts, feturing lighthouses of Alaska, Hawaii, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Eastern Great Lakes. The film crew has just left the Saginaw River Rear Range Light here in Bay City, MI and they have planned stops in Port Huron, Port Austin, and the New and Old Presque Isles here in Michigan to name a few. The film crew is currently in the midst of a 21 day "shoot".

Boy, I can't wait to see the finished product!

-Todd
Posted By: Brent

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 09/23/00 05:23 PM

'Sounds great!! Look'in forward to seeing the final addition, myself!!
Posted By: TGIFIF

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 09/29/00 05:41 AM

I was supprised in the South Atlantic film they skipped Jupiter & Hillsboro lights.
Posted By: Jack Wilson

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 09/29/00 03:03 PM

Gail,

Obviously, I have to agree with you on Jupiter. I'm hoping that they will revisit some of these areas in future episodes.

Jack
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 09/29/00 09:49 PM

As Historically significant as Jupiter Lite is, somehow even a number of books leave it out. I'm amazed at this oversight. I lived in Jupiter for about 20 years and love the light!!!
I hope the next four episodes are as great as the first three in the series. Many, many hours of lighthouse watching from the comfort of my favorite chair!!!
Pharologst

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 09-29-2000).]
Posted By: mombo

Re: Four More "Legendary Lighthouses" Shows? - 09/30/00 02:37 AM

Supposedly some of the St. Lawrence River lights are also to be featured in the next series.
© 2024 Collector Forums