LighthouseKeepers.com

Cape Henry in the movies...?

Posted By: JCRice

Cape Henry in the movies...? - 09/18/01 05:43 PM

I'm sure that I'm not the only one to see this, but I figured that I would mention it...just in case . If you see the TV ads for Anthony Hopkins new movie (it's called something like "Hearts in Atlantis"), you will see at least one scene of the 2 Cape Henry lighthouses as background. You'll also see them at the end when they flash up the movie title and arrival date.

Let's hope that the lights are actually shown in the movie itself (and HOPEFULLY, the movie will be based in Virginia...) and they're just not teasing us ...

[This message has been edited by JCRice (edited 09-18-2001).]
Posted By: Shirin

Re: Cape Henry in the movies...? - 09/19/01 12:10 AM

You beat me to it! I just saw the ad for the movie as well. Looks interesting.

For more information go to:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/heartsinatlantis/trailer.html

shirin
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Cape Henry in the movies...? - 09/28/01 02:47 PM

Has anybody that's seen the commercial noticed the discrepancy in the lighthouses?

Mike
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Cape Henry in the movies...? - 09/28/01 03:02 PM

The trailer shows Old Cape Henry lit up, which is just a day marker now.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Cape Henry in the movies...? - 09/28/01 03:20 PM

This movie opens tonight. Maybe if Monday evening is free in Baltimore, I'll see it there. Sounds like a good movie for these troubled times.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Cape Henry in the movies...? - 09/30/01 04:20 PM

Went to the Stephen King movie yesterday. The Cape Henry towers are depicted at a fair near Bridgeport, Conn. Both lights take turns being lite so I guess they knew only one was active but not which one? lol I enjoy LHs in the movies and have given up on proper locations many years ago. Those movies that use the proper geographical locales get extra points.
© 2024 Collector Forums