LighthouseKeepers.com

Flash pattern for Old Mission Point

Posted By: Cana Fan

Flash pattern for Old Mission Point - 08/28/03 11:19 PM

Can anyone tell me what the flash pattern was for Old Mission Point in Michigan. It would be greatly appriciated

Mike
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Flash pattern for Old Mission Point - 08/29/03 03:53 AM

Lighthousefriends.com says the current optic is every 6 seconds (10 times/minute). Interestingly, Terry Pepper's site Seeing the Light says the current optic is exactly the opposite: flash every 10 seconds, or once every 6 seconds. It also states the original pattern was fixed white from a fifth order lens.

Dave

Re: Flash pattern for Old Mission Point - 08/29/03 11:51 PM

Thanks Dave. Helps a bit. I'm working on a project I'll be sharing picturs with shortly. Built my Daughter a (close) replica of Old Mission lighthouse for a playhouse. Hope to get the lantern room on it this weekend. A little more siding and it'll be done.

Mike
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Flash pattern for Old Mission Point - 08/30/03 04:22 AM

Well, Mike, the fixed light should make your job easier! We'll be looking forward to the pictures. Will the play house be large enough for dad to visit?

Dave

Re: Flash pattern for Old Mission Point - 09/02/03 03:01 PM

Well admittedly Dave, it's a tight squeeze for my big rump to make it through the door, but it does fit if needed. Was hoping to have it pretty well completed this past weekend, but got washed out on Sunday and Monday, as I'm sure you did too. Hopefully next weekend.

Mike
© 2024 Collector Forums