LighthouseKeepers.com

Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed

Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/10/13 01:31 PM

http://mauinow.com/2013/04/09/kilauea-point-lighthouse-renamed-in-honor-of-inouye/
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/11/13 02:31 AM

Can't say that I agree with what they have done. Don't think it is appropriate to rename the historic light at this point in the game. They seem to have found plenty of other things to name in his honor. Maybe rename the state in his honor???
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/11/13 10:29 PM

Ridiculous!

maybe Montauk e\will be renaming soon??????????tic
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/13/13 02:37 AM

Crazy stuff...

Re: Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/13/13 03:36 AM

July 4th will be the 5th anniversary of Jesse Helms' death. I wonder if they will be renaming Cape Hatteras Cape Helms??? Sounds like it would be right in line with this concept . . .
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/14/13 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave H
July 4th will be the 5th anniversary of Jesse Helms' death. I wonder if they will be renaming Cape Hatteras Cape Helms??? Sounds like it would be right in line with this concept . . .

Cape Hatteras does have that equal black and white stripe intertwined, sort of what Jesse Helms stood for right? whistling

Re: Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/15/13 12:50 AM

I was just trying to think of something as outrageous as they have already done. Helms did represent NC in the Senate for what, a century or so?

Point intended was that it would be as inappropriate as the morons at Interior renaming a historic property to honor someone. Inouye was a true war hero and represented his state in the senate for many years. Name a federal building for him, name a post office. Just don't rename a historic property.

Scary thing is that there is now precedent set. What will be the next state to want a lighthouse renamed to honor someone?
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Kilauea Point Lighthouse renamed - 04/15/13 06:28 PM

So now we'll all have ERROR HarboUr Light pieces
© 2024 Collector Forums