LighthouseKeepers.com

Life-Saving Service Heritage Association Site?

Posted By: FrankB

Life-Saving Service Heritage Association Site? - 10/15/04 09:17 PM

Can anyone tell me about these two sites:

U.S. Life-Saving Service Heritage Association , P.O. Box 75, Caledonia, MI 49316-0075
$25 for Life-Saver membership

U.S. Life-Saving Service Heritage Association , 158 Polpis Road, Nantucket, MA 02554-2320
$35 for Life-Saver membership mailed to Treasurer, USLSSHA, PO Box 1854, Anna Maria, FL 34216-1854

Except for mailing addresses and membership $ amounts, they appear to be for the same organization. Is one simply a page with out-of-date information or has this group had a schism, with both successors to the original operating under the same name but in different states?

I am interested in joining, but want to know first if one of these is not legit.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Life-Saving Service Heritage Association Site? - 10/15/04 09:26 PM

The web page with the $25 amount and MI address was posted in 1996 and the MA link with the $35 was posted in May of this year...

I am thinking same organization and nobody updated the old information..

This is the actual Homepage for the organization.. the page expires the end of this month...

U.S.L.S.S.H.A.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Life-Saving Service Heritage Association Site? - 10/15/04 09:45 PM

The top one is from the Selkirk, NY Light's site. This site has not been updated since 1998 or so. There is a page there for most of the Lighthouse Societies from that time. Unfortunately, too many times, that is referred to as the "official" site for a group. I have yet to see a link to the USLHS that's NOT to Selkirk.

Now, why Selkirk's website is hosted by maine.com is something to ponder... confused
© 2024 Collector Forums