LighthouseKeepers.com

Little Kinnakeet LSS Update

Posted By: beachbum1616

Little Kinnakeet LSS Update - 04/28/06 02:10 AM

I have updated my page covering on this station with info on the current work that has been completed and what is to be done to the stations, inculding a number of photos if you are interested.

http://www.beachbum.homestead.com/Life-SavingStations/Stations/Little_Kinnakeet.html

btw....This hasn't cross the editors desk yet, so if there are any typos, please excuse them.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Little Kinnakeet LSS Update - 04/28/06 03:33 AM

Great shots! When we go back to the OBX in August, I'd like to do "The Great OBX LSS Quest: Part II" covering Hatteras Island. If so, I really want to stop here (well, I will anyway, but now I REALLY want to) after seeing the photos and story of the stabilisation.

(And yes, I know, I still have to finish posting my OBX photos...so much to do, so little time!)
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Little Kinnakeet LSS Update - 04/28/06 04:27 AM

Stephen, this is so terrific! You and Judy have really spurred my interest in the LSS's of the OBX. I have been reading David Stick's book The Outer Banks of North Carolina 1584-1958 and have been comparing what you have on your website to those he mentions in his book. I'm learning a lot. Thanks! cool cool

And, Greg, I am enjoying your quest; it will help prepare me for June. Can't wait! laugh
Posted By: HCS

Re: Little Kinnakeet LSS Update - 04/30/06 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace:

And, Greg, I am enjoying your quest; it will help prepare me for June. Can't wait! laugh
Me too Grace - really looking forward to June!!
HCS
© 2024 Collector Forums