LighthouseKeepers.com

Little Traverse tours and others

Posted By: bright eyes

Little Traverse tours and others - 08/25/11 04:41 AM

http://www.thegraphicweekly.com/2011/jun/feature060911.html

Interviews by Terry Pepper, executive director of GLLKA (Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association).

Featuring: Cheboygan Crib, Cheboygan River Front Range, Little Traverse (Harbor Point), McGulpin, Old Mackinac, St. Helena.

On October 1, 2011, Harbor Point will open the grounds to visitors to view and climb the lighthouse. Information listed in the article. A few years ago several of the Wackos on the forums toured and climbed the Little Traverse lighthouse. An excellent opportunity to view this private lighthouse!

Yes, Little Traverse lighthouse is a local favorite of ours. The other mentioned lighthouses are 30-45 miles from our home, and most were seen/visited during the 2005 HL Mackinac reunion!!!
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 08/27/11 06:21 PM

I'd love to go but it's already sold out. :(
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 08/27/11 11:18 PM

The Brady's are going plus while we are close we decided to head on up to the U.P. for a couple of days after the Harbor Point events..

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/15/11 09:17 PM

Well we were going, I just got through cancelling our hotel reservations for the week long trip because I just arrived home from spending the past two days in the hospital with kidney stones..

The really bad news is I still have kidney stones and they won't be able to work on trying to get rid of them until i get rid of the kidney infection that I currently also have..

So one more time we we miss the Little Traverse lighthouse tour..
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/15/11 09:51 PM

Sorry to Hear Paul. I've had kidney stones before. It felt like someone was jabbing me with a red hot knife in the small of the back.

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/15/11 10:04 PM

This id third time for me over the past 45 years..
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/15/11 10:07 PM

Get well soon Paul.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/15/11 10:53 PM

Not good Paul, get well quick!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/16/11 02:23 PM

Paul, Hope your feeling better soon !!!
Posted By: Bob Taylor

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/16/11 04:23 PM

Get well soon Paul

Bob
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/16/11 04:50 PM

Ouch! Sorry to hear! Get well soon, so those stones can be shattered via something like ultrasound.

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/16/11 04:56 PM

Thanks for all the get well wishes, the biggest pain that won't go away is we have been trying to get to tour Little Traverse for over 15 years and have always had a conflict, now this! It is located in a gated community.
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/16/11 04:56 PM

Get well, Paul! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/29/11 12:35 AM

1st thanks again for the well wishes and prayers.

I wanted to post an update after my Dr. appointment today.. The infection is gone; so finally this Friday I will have laser surgery to bust the stones up, if all goes well I should be stone (pieces) free by next Tuesday!!
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/29/11 07:45 PM

Paul,

Good to hear the infection is gone. Hope the stone breaks up on the first try, and they don't have to repeat the procedure. All takes time and patience.

Sorry you missed Little Traverse again. That's a long time to keep trying. Wishing you better fortune next time.

Our hope for your healthy recovery!

Max & Sue

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/29/11 10:14 PM

Good news on your health! Too bad about Manning in 2011.

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 09/30/11 02:36 PM

Great news Paul !!!

Best wishes for everything to go well and your feeling up to lighthousing again.

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 10/11/11 09:37 PM

After 4 weeks I am finally stone free, catheter and stent free.. This was one of those times when the cure almost felt worse than the cause, the kidney stones.. My Doctor said she had to blast one of them with the laser multiple times as it did not want to bust up..

Mean-while back at the savanna, that used to be a front yard, I finally felt up to mowing today.. It hadn't rained for almost two months until the past 4 weeks which it rained about 6 inches worth... The grass just grew and grew..

Tomorrow the back jungle gets mowed it is a small backyard but the grass is tall!!!!!

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 10/11/11 09:41 PM

Good news Paul! Welcome back to the daily grind, I'm sure you have a new appreciation for it.

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 10/12/11 04:33 PM

Good to hear all went well !!!
Posted By: HCS

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 10/12/11 06:49 PM

Glad to hear you are doing better Paul!
Posted By: kory63

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 10/13/11 12:26 AM

Glad all is going well and you will be back "On the road again"!
Rick

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 10/13/11 02:07 AM

The only road for us for a while will be the road to our grand-daughters...
Posted By: kory63

Re: Little Traverse tours and others - 10/13/11 04:52 PM

I've found that one to be one of the best!
Rick
© 2024 Collector Forums