LighthouseKeepers.com

Maryland Lighthouse Challenge

Posted By: bonnebert

Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/19/06 04:22 PM

Well, we just can't seem to get away without at least one day of rain, rain, rain. I'll be working on uploading some pictures of Harry at our Challenge, but in the meantime, check our website, there are a few of them there. Scroll down to 2006 Maryland Challenge and click on finishing results, then Piney Point.

Chesapeake Chapter, USLHS

I'll try to work on getting some picture on the Forum today.

Joyce
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/20/06 07:15 AM

Thanks, Joyce. I particularly liked the Point Lookout pictures (of course!). Is it looking better already? (Since the NPS takeover?) Hope so! smile Too cool that you saw the Monarchs!
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/20/06 08:57 AM

So, who won the raffle?
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/20/06 03:33 PM

Henry Gonzalez won the drawing for the Piney Point AP, Eric.
Chesapeake Chapter web page

Judy
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/21/06 12:58 AM

Yeah, Harry pulled it, I threw it on the ground, but they made me pick it back up. Just joking about this.

Folks, I've been trying to get to putting more pictures up, but I'm recuperating from the weekend, plus we are going on a lighthouse tour this weekend, and we got some bad news about a friend today. I'll do my best to get some more pictures up when I get back. It will be old news, but I think you all will enjoy seeing them.

I know you all understand.

Joyce
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/21/06 10:26 PM

I was talking to Harry today and he said he really had a great time at the event -- he's planning on being at Hereford Inlet for the NJ Challenge too.

He commented about how hard-working the Chesapeake Chapter folks were in getting the Challenge organized and in operating it.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/22/06 01:15 PM

Remind Harry, John, that he missed the Long Island Challenge in May. So make sure he puts it on his schedule for 2007! wink
Bob
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/22/06 03:44 PM

We really need to see Harry more! smile

I'm looking forward to seeing Joyce's photos when she gets a chance, but thought you'd like a preview.

Harry Hines at Piney Point, MD (MD LH Challenge 06)

Piney Point

Joyce's bright smile (bonnebert)...

The sun finally begins to pop through...

Judy
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/22/06 07:14 PM

Nice pics, Judy. Thanks for sharing. Poor MD Challenge just can't happen without some rain...
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/23/06 02:24 PM

Dave, no rain when Susan and I went last year. Hopefully we can bring good weather to Maine too. laugh
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/24/06 12:16 AM

Thanks, Judy, for the pics.
Judy
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/24/06 08:36 PM

I think since the Michigan Reunion, Harry is finally being given his due. Too many people didn't even know who Harry was prior to that! He seemed to always be on the periphery. Not only is Harry incredibly talented, but he is a terrific "chap"! (Does it show that I am one of his big fans?) I think we will be seeing a lot more of Harry in the future - finally!

Back to the topic: Judy, thanks for the great pictures!
© 2024 Collector Forums