Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge

Posted By: wvlights0

Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 02/15/10 01:57 AM

Here is a lighthouse challenge for April this year
http://www.stgeorgelight.org/challenge/tour.pdf
towel
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 02/15/10 06:16 AM

This is their first one. Wish them luck.
By the way I will be there at Cape St. George Lighthouse representing the Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation and the Florida Lighthouse Association (for those who know my wife Susan, she will be there too).

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/16/10 08:26 PM

We have rooms and a fishing trip booked. Sun, beach, fishing and lighthouses...Heading south Wednesday evening.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/16/10 10:23 PM

Eric, I guess I'll see you at Cape St. George sometime Sat. afternoon!

Laura, Hope to see you somewhere along the line!

My plan is to drive over to and get a Motel in Tallahassee Friday night. Start the Challenge with St. Marks Sat. morning then head back west along the coast. Will be staying the night camping in the St. George State Park Sat. Continuing west Sunday morning. Will end up finishing the day at the Pensacola Lighthouse.

Anybody else here doing this challenge? If you are let us know so that we can be looking for each other along the way!!!
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/16/10 10:31 PM

I had hoped to, but something came up for the 24th that I could not beg out of.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/16/10 11:06 PM

Have a great time Steph!
Very enjoyable trip for us last month!
Posted By: catzb1

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/17/10 02:53 PM

My husband Jim and I are doing the challenge. We are starting at St Marks on Saturday morning. I think we can do all 4 lights on Saturday and then we will spend the night in Panama City Beach. We may try to do Pensacola on Sunday before we head back to Jacksonville. Can't wait!

Cathy

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/20/10 03:33 AM

We will be starting at St. Marks Saturday morning also. I am planning to see all 4 lighthouses, plus St. Joseph on Saturday so we have Sunday to be lazy. Since I am traveling with 3 non-lighthouse people, I figure I will nice and miss Pensacola this time. Does anyone know if all 4 lighthouses in the challenge will be open for climbing? I am wondering if my legs will hold out and if I should chose which to climb.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/21/10 02:43 AM

Laura, if the people with you are at all interested in airplanes the Naval Air Museum is pretty much right next to the lighthouse. There is also Fort Baranacas they could go see while you visited the lighthouse.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/21/10 06:41 AM

Laura, Yes all 4 lighthouses in the challenge will be open for climbing. As will Pensacola be.

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/21/10 03:09 PM

Aw...I am having a hard enough time knowing I have to pass Tybee and Cockspur without stopping. Sigh!

Unless the boss takes pity and kicks me out of here early.... Hope to see you Stephanie!
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/22/10 10:12 PM

Have fun everyone...wish I was there...a LOT...

Re: Forgotten Coast Mini Challenge - 04/29/10 05:39 PM

The Mini Challenge was great! One of the things I really liked about it was that there was no rush, plenty of time to explore each light and the whole area. I met a couple forum members, Eric Martin and Dennis Whelan at the St. George lighthouse. I also met two ladies, Susan and Linda from the Hillsboro Inlet light and together we found St. Joseph in spite of a detour. I made sure to invite them to the forum. We also had a wonderful fishing trip thru "Book Me a Charter." We managed to see a couple Georgia lights on the way down and a couple more on the way back. We came home sunburned and tired, but I have now broken 100 lighthouses seen. Not much for many people here, I know. I hope the challenge was a success and they do it again.
I forgot to mention...the tote bag and refrigerator magnets for each lighthouse were great ideas and keepsakes.
© 2024 Collector Forums