LighthouseKeepers.com

Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge

Posted By: bonnebert

Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/16/06 05:23 PM

Hi everyone, been some time since I've been on the forum, but won't go into the reasons at this time. On a Piney Point posting a few weeks back I mentioned that we are going to have Harry at Piney Point at our Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, Sept. 16th & 17th. I hope some of you will come out for our challenge, bring some pieces for Harry to sign, or if you don't have your Piney Point piece yet, you can purchase it at their gift shop, and help the musuem. Our souvenirs this year are "Then and Now" postcards, and a lot of you are postcard collectors, another good reason to come to the challenge. Harbour Lights has donated an Artist Proof of Piney Point for us to raffle to help raise funds to cover our expenses. We'll have Harry draw the winner on Sunday, Sept. 17th.

Robert and I will be at Piney Point, so be sure to stop and say Hello. Hope to see you there.

Joyce
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/16/06 06:30 PM

Will raffle tickets be available to Challenge non-participants ? If so, how can we buy them?

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/17/06 04:25 AM

Hi Melody, yes, I'll be glad to sell them before the challenge. $1.00 each, 6 tickets for $5.00. Send you money directly to me: Chesapeake Chapter, c/o Joyce Holland, 5950 Fire Fly Dr., Salisbury, Md. 21801. Make sure I have your phone number to write on the back of the ticket with your name.

Thanks for the interest.

Joyce

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/17/06 04:27 AM

And, another thing, just to let you all know, Harry called me this afternoon and he is very excited about attending our Challenge at Piney Point. Said it was his first appearance at a lighthouse. I'm glad it's Piney Point. It's such a lovely lighthouse and museum and grounds.

We are also very excited about having Harry and glad that all the details could be worked out.

Joyce
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/17/06 11:03 AM

Joyce, it was nice meeting you last year. Wish I could come this year, but leave time and money are running low. Say hi to Harry for us. Take some pictures please.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/17/06 04:44 PM

Thanks for the info Joyce. Wish I could join in on the Challenge, would love to see and talk with Harry again. When I win lol, (hey you have to think positive about these things laugh )please have Harry sign the bottom of the light for me.

Thanks!
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/17/06 10:05 PM

Uhhh, thanks for asking Joyce about tickets, Mel. Yes, please, Joyce, have Harry sign it for me when my name is drawn! laugh Check is on the way! cool
Posted By: wheland

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/17/06 10:22 PM

Joyce,

Sorry we have a different lighthouse function to volunteer for that weekend so we're going to miss the MD Challenge this year.

I'll be sending a check shortly, though.

Dennis
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/18/06 12:30 AM

Let's see tomorrow is pay day (for Susan) so I will write a check this weekend.
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/18/06 12:59 AM

Joyce,
I'll be sending a check tomorrow so when I win please have Harry sign to Judy and Bill!
Thanks,
Judy

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/18/06 09:57 PM

OKay, Melody, Eric, Grace, Dennis, Bill and Judy, I'll have Harry sign it personally to one of you. Wish all of you could win it. Hey, maybe you could and all have joint custody.

Thanks for your support. Wish I could see all of you at Piney Point, but there is so much lighthouse activity, we just can't be everywhere.

Joyce
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/19/06 01:18 AM

The AP of Piney Point will have five very caring homes; it can winter in Texas and Florida and head for Colorado and New Jersey other times of the year. wink
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/19/06 01:49 AM

Sounds like a plan to me!!
Judy
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 08/23/06 05:54 PM

Our check is going out in the mail today.
Posted By: BeaconBob

Re: Harry Hine at Maryland Lighthouse Challenge - 09/27/06 03:52 PM

I went on the Maryland Challenge this year with my son and had a blast! I also got to meet Harry Hine from Harbour Lights and got a signed Piney Point MD LE from him.

BB
© 2024 Collector Forums