LighthouseKeepers.com

Where was I ?

Posted By: Mark Wagner

Where was I ? - 08/14/08 12:06 AM

Here are a few pictures from a couple weeks ago

From left to right. The Samuel Risley (Canadian Coast Guard), The Biscayne, The Mackinaw

Re: Where was I ? - 08/14/08 12:07 AM

Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Where was I ? - 08/14/08 12:15 AM

Nice photo's !!!

Great to see the Mac !!!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Where was I ? - 08/14/08 02:03 AM

So, how was the CG Festival?
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Where was I ? - 08/14/08 03:09 PM

Mark, I'm going with Dave's idea...you were at the Coast Guard Festival. Great pics! Did you by any chance get to meet the new skipper of the Mackinaw?

Judy
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Where was I ? - 08/14/08 06:24 PM

Mark, I'm sooo jealous. It looks like beautiful weather for the Coast Guard Festival. Was the last photo taken at Pronto Pups or the Sugar Shack?
Posted By: AZpharologist

Re: Where was I ? - 08/15/08 05:09 PM

I am guessing Grand Haven Mich. laugh

Re: Where was I ? - 08/16/08 03:37 AM

Yes, Grand Haven.

We had rented a house on Lake Michigan for a week, not realizing at the time it was the week of the Coast Guard festival. So it was a very nice bonus. The Mac was really neat, there were a lot of people!! so it was hard to get pictures with a limited number or no people. I have more I can post if there is any interest.

The most interesting for me was the engines and how they are driven, It is powered like a train engine. As the diesel engines are generators and the motors are electrically driven and can rotate to maneuver the ship.

Also the ship does not have a steering wheel, it has a joy stick.

And Judy the last picture is from the last stand on the left if you were facing the food stands.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Where was I ? - 08/16/08 02:06 PM

Thanks for taking us along on your vacation, Mark! Very interesting photos...

smile Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums