Coast Guard commander takes helm - 07/10/06 02:20 AM

Coast Guard commander takes helm

http://tinyurl.com/ptrua

My best, smile
Paul Conlin
ALF Secretary
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Coast Guard commander takes helm - 07/10/06 06:22 AM

Thanks for posting this, Paul. It's always good to hear about what's happening in the First District.

Did you get to attend? Change of Command ceremonies are formal and very impressive.

The uniforms are nice to see too. :rolleyes: laugh
Posted By: PFC

Re: Coast Guard commander takes helm - 07/11/06 03:29 AM

No Judy, I didn't get to attend the ceremony frown although I was aware of the change of command. Admiral Pekoske will be missed, he has been a true friend of the lighthouse community! smile

My best,
Paul
Posted By: HCS

Re: Coast Guard commander takes helm - 07/11/06 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PFC:
No Judy, I didn't get to attend the ceremony frown although I was aware of the change of command. Admiral Pekoske will be missed, he has been a true friend of the lighthouse community! smile

My best,
Paul
Yes Paul, Admiral Pekoske will be missed. Had the pleasure of meeting him and his loverly wife when he opened Hospital Point for NELL Hot Chocolate last year and then joined us for the rest of the day visiting other lights.
Also saw him again in Rockland a few weeks ago.
HCS
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Coast Guard commander takes helm - 07/11/06 02:49 PM

Quote:
Admiral Pekoske will be missed, he has been a true friend of the lighthouse community!
Paul, we felt the same about Rear Admiral Sally Brice O'Hara when she left the Fifth District last year to go to DC (She's now in Hawaii).

Rear Admiral Larry Hereth took her place here at the Fithh District, and he's also a true friend of the lighthouse community.

A lot of really nice people in the Coast Guard!
© 2024 Collector Forums