LighthouseKeepers.com

The Guardian

Posted By: ericlighthouse

The Guardian - 10/01/06 04:02 AM

Saw the movie today. I enjoyed it. If you see it stay for the credits and see some old stills from life saving stations (or such) and then some other footage of interest including a lighthouse. Not sure which lighthouse it was, but think it may have been a West coast one.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: The Guardian - 10/01/06 01:48 PM

I never go to the movies but I do purchase a lot of DVD's when those popular movies are released. The Guardian is just hitting the cinemas in my area of the country. Movie critics haven't been that kind to it. Most say it's dragged out and much too long. They seem to like the beginning and the action in the end of the movie.

If you've seen it, what do you think?

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: The Guardian - 10/01/06 02:46 PM

When the movie critics are unkind as they've definitely been for this movie, it generally means it's a movie I'm going to love.

Also, there are real Coasties that have bit parts.

Eric, thanks for the tip to watch the credits. I will go see this one, although I also usually wait for the DVD.

Judy
Posted By: 5lights

Re: The Guardian - 10/01/06 04:38 PM

I read a book not long ago about the Coast Guard and some very dangerous rescues in Alaska. Awesome book and gives true insight into how dangerous their job can be!
Shortly after i finished the book, I learned about the movie that was too be made about CG rescues. The Guardian.
I will be awaiting its release on DVD. Thanks for the tip Eric!!
Posted By: Digger

Re: The Guardian - 10/02/06 11:44 PM

Think about it. You could probably cover the history of the Coast Guard in about an hour but 2 is stretching it pretty thin!!! :rolleyes:

Now the Air Force on the other hand......!!!! laugh
Posted By: Dave H

Re: The Guardian - 10/03/06 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Digger:

Now the Air Force on the other hand......!!!! laugh
yeah, 5 - 10 minutes at most before you have covered the detailed history of the AF.....
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: The Guardian - 10/03/06 08:40 PM

Thank you Dave for that response which leads me up to this. Most of us in the Coast Guard and Navy have spent more time in the chow line then the Air Force has in it's entire being.
Posted By: Digger

Re: The Guardian - 10/05/06 10:43 PM

You betcha! So much accomplished in such a short time. I guess it comes from hard at work instead of standing in line to eat! :rolleyes: (ouch) laugh
AIM HIGH!

(All in jest of course) wink

Re: The Guardian - 10/06/06 02:20 PM

Actually, Steve, I spent more time in the chow line while on Adak than I should have because we often had to wait for the AF to work up the nerve to fly out our food. Seems as though they didn't like to fly except in perfect weather.....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Guardian - 10/07/06 12:37 AM

Quote:
I spent more time in the chow line while on Adak than I should have
That quote probably applies many other places too...

(Sorry Dave,I couldn't pass up the opportunity)

Re: The Guardian - 10/07/06 03:54 AM

Mark, you did nothing different than many supposedly legitimate news source do on a too regular basis by taking a partial sound bite and taking it out of context to put an entirely different spin on something . . . .
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Guardian - 10/07/06 03:57 AM

That's the beauty of it
© 2024 Collector Forums