LighthouseKeepers.com

USCGC Mackinaw Coins

Posted By: Dave H

USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/14/06 02:21 AM

Last fall Brighteyes made available a coint that was produced to welcome WLBB30 to Cheboygan. Those coins ran out, but have just recently been re-done.

Also available this weekend were a special coin for the decommissioning / commissioning ceremonies, with both ships depicted:

And lastly, there was a coin honoring WAGB 83 (Big Mac), showing white hull on one side, red on the other.

(Sorry for the crummy scans, don't have time to mess with them to get them any better - tad bit busy right now.)

If you would like any of these coins, please email me ASAP if not sooner. Put the word "coin" in the subject line please. Cost is $5 per coin plus whatever it will take to ship them. Act quick enough and I may be able to get some to bring to Portsmouth and save that part of the shipping.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/14/06 03:56 AM

Verrry cool! Email on the way!!
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/14/06 04:04 AM

The first coin that you show, that I bought at the ceremonies did not have the sun and lighthouse on the reverse side.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/14/06 04:18 AM

That one is the ship's "official" coin - forgot to get that one though I knew about it! Think it has the CG emblem on the back, doesn't it?
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/14/06 07:46 PM

Yes it has the Coast Guard emblem on the back. I do have extras of the coins. Do you have extras of the Cheboygan welcome coin?

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/15/06 01:31 AM

I will be getting some of them.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/15/06 09:28 PM

I'd be interested in the one w/ the LH.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/20/06 12:09 AM

email on the way.

smile cool

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/30/06 05:00 AM

Anyone else interested in the coins please let me know so that I can get the order placed.

The coin not shown is the "official" ship's coin - it is a combination of the ship's crest (as on first coin) and the USCG emblem on the other side. It is more of a brass tone (as opposed to the brighter gold-tone).
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: USCGC Mackinaw Coins - 06/30/06 02:33 PM

Dave,

I'll purchase all four if possible.

bobo
© 2024 Collector Forums