LighthouseKeepers.com

Mackinaw WLBB 30 to visit Chicago

Posted By: Dave H

Mackinaw WLBB 30 to visit Chicago - 07/04/06 04:00 AM

For those in the area - the WLBB 30 is scheduled for a port call in Chigao from July 19 - 22. The Chicago - Mackinac sailing race is scheduled for July 22, so I imagine the Mackinaw will be leading the parade out of Chicago. In previous years, the WAGB 83 has been the official support ship for the race, so this duty has probably been passed on to the new Mackinaw. While in port there will probably be times to tour the ship.

I'll post more if I get additional info. WLBB 30 will also be at Grand Haven for the CG Festival.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Mackinaw WLBB 30 to visit Chicago - 07/11/06 02:00 PM

More about this...
Mackinaw\'s Summer Plans

Re: Mackinaw WLBB 30 to visit Chicago - 07/27/06 08:26 PM

CDR Little, skipper of the Mackinaw, sent me this great picture:

Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Mackinaw WLBB 30 to visit Chicago - 07/27/06 08:44 PM

Judy, your link isn't working. It wants you to pay money to access their archives. Can you post the article here and give credit to the Tribune?

Re: Mackinaw WLBB 30 to visit Chicago - 07/27/06 09:21 PM

Jen, the summer plans are about done for the Mac - after their visit to Grand Haven I think they go home for a little bit then head to the yards for a couple of months. I imagine they will be out of the yards in time to make their end of season servicing run for the aids they are responsible for.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Mackinaw WLBB 30 to visit Chicago - 07/27/06 09:46 PM

Yeah, what he said...Thanks Dave. laugh

They will be in Grand Haven for the week arriving July 31.

Then the Mack will return from Grand Haven and spend less than a week in Cheboygan, planning to load various equipment items for a two-month dry-dock in Sturgeon Bay, Wis., that begins Aug. 12.

Jen,the article had gone into the paper's archives.
© 2024 Collector Forums