LighthouseKeepers.com

Spring Break, Soo Style

Posted By: Lighthouser

Spring Break, Soo Style - 03/25/08 01:23 AM

Admiral Thad Allen, commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, realizes a dream on board the Mackinaw.

Photos, and more to be found in the photo gallery located in the right column under the first three.

\'Making Margaritas\'

Judy
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Spring Break, Soo Style - 03/25/08 02:47 AM

Quote:
"I've wanted to do this for 37 years," said Adm. Thad Allen
Now, had the Commandant said this to a Chief, he would have received a reply something along the lines of "you know, sir, I've always kind of wanted to be Commandant...."

Quote:
Its crew of 60 lives aboard in two-berth cabins
Probably don't want to let junior sailors read about their CG compatriots living the life of luxury.

Overall a nice article, though the author needs to learn how to properly refer to the cutter. I don't think even the CG refers to a 240' cutter as a boat....

Kind of interesting to scroll down and read the comments - only one in 10 actually addresses the content of this specific story. The other 9 are pretty much political commentaries. And, I thought we could get off topic!
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Spring Break, Soo Style - 03/25/08 11:01 PM

Per the captain, the Mackinaw & crew can be seen on the Weather Channel tonight (3/25) at 1930, 2140, and 2240 eastern.

Judy
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Spring Break, Soo Style - 03/26/08 02:13 AM

Viewed the Weather Channel segment on the Mackinaw earlier today.....very interesting story....we are proud to have the USCG and the Mackinaw serving on our Great Lakes! applaud
© 2024 Collector Forums