LighthouseKeepers.com

When did you last buy a Harbour Lights?

Posted By: Webmaster

When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 01/23/11 11:44 PM

How long has it been since you last bought a Harbour Lights replica? (The second question - the last answer should be "Never purchased a Harbour Lights from ANY source.)
Posted By: lgthouselady

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 10/25/11 05:09 AM

Just did, three of them, haven't received them yet. From my dealer. Kathleen Pence
Posted By: Angels Gate

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 10/25/11 07:39 PM

I bought all five of the latest 2011 Releases from my dealer Roland Babineau of The Cape Cod Store, the moment they were available.

I also just bought a Bremerhaven 2 weeks ago, on the secondary market.

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 11/04/11 12:23 AM

My three new lighthouses just arrived. They include an old piece, HL212, that I needed to complete a 'set'. The 2011 Christmas piece Squaw Island, MI, # 70, and Thatcher IS, MA Flag # 42. They are all very beautiful. Now to find a place to put them. I think I will start giving some pieces away that I have duplicates of and pieces I bought for the wrong reasons that would be more economical then buying another new lighthouse case. Kathleen Pence
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 11/04/11 12:32 AM

I recently bought three of the five new Summer releases from my local dealer. The other two I'll buy before Christmas.

I bought a Tugboat Toledo from a CF member.

I finally got around to buying a Point Cabrillo LLOM from their gift shop.

I've also notices the Civil War piece at LHD and purchased one.

Still enjoying the hunt for pieces I'm missing !!!
Posted By: CAVR

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 11/09/11 03:27 AM

OK, I haven't posted in a few weeks as there frankly hasn't been any pertinent HL news, well at least any 'Good' news that is, except....

So here goes....

My last HL purchase was a HL145 Assateague, VA Edition No. 1, and yes, it is a first mold edition! SWEET!

If by chance there is no 2012 editions, and I am not saying there WILL be or that there WILL NOT be, at least my last HL (to date) was a brilliant gem!

So my point is, keep looking ... cause gems are OUT there. Even if the latest "gossip" of HLs is "dead" or "dying", the collecting and the hunt can still "live" on.....
Posted By: MelJB

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 11/09/11 05:50 PM

My last purchase was the Alaska group. I like many of you have just run out of room, even though I have a full wall in the living room, a curio in the living room and five half size wall cabinets in the basement/family room.
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 03/26/12 09:34 PM

I have been getting pieces during the different sales LHD has been running. Please don't hold it against me, just to good to pass up. I just got Shinnecock. The most surprizing piece was a HL501 - 1st year of the HL Collector's Society. It was a edition # 2. Water damaged box but the piece was in pristine condition. What a shock and surprize when I opened that box.
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 03/29/12 06:52 AM

Randall---Appears you got a piece still around from "The Founder's Collection" too.
Posted By: RMau

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 03/30/12 02:54 AM

In the HL heyday, demand was much more than supply, and we collectors were paying premiums for desired pieces.

Now that the equation has flipped, there is virtually no demand and an abundance of supply, there is no shame is springing for an addition to your collection that is finally affordable at a reduced price.

Enjoy the new additions to your collection!

Rick
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 03/30/12 10:56 PM

Note that the original poll was posted over a year ago in January 2011.
Posted By: docsweetie

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 03/31/12 01:10 AM

Well, I haven't posted In A Very Long Time. Although I have "lurked" quite a bit. The last time I bought a Harbour Lights piece was Christmas 2010 Sturgeon Point, MI - from Lighthouse Depot. I check out EBay on occasion to see what is out there, but don't plan to buy any time soon. I haven't seen a real lighthouse since summer 2009. I only buy the HLs that I have seen. My goal is to get to Maine or the Outer Banks before the end of 2012 so perhaps I'll buy an HL that I see on my "hope - ed for" trip.

Cheers, everyone.
Carol

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 03/31/12 05:14 AM

Carol, I hope you are able to go on your trip very soon. we were able to go the the Harbour Lights event in Maine in 2006. That's the only event that we've been to, except for the wonderful privilege we had to go on the Alaska Cruise for the 20th Harbour Lights Reunion. In 2006 we were able to see many lighthouses in Maine, Mass., New Hampshire, North carolina, New Jersey, New York. I also try to buy lighthouses of the ones I have seen and been to. but on the original question of this topic, I actually bought two lighthouses last week from eBay. They each completed sets that I have collected. One of them completed the Great Lakes Lighthouse stamp set with only the 400 numbers on them. The other completed my set of twolighthouses sold together but not on the same base. So I have several completed "sets" now, and hope soon to gether some lighthouses I don't really want anymore and put them up for sale.

Kathleen Pence

Re: When did you last buy a Harbour Lights? - 10/03/12 07:04 AM

Actually, I bought a Harbour Lights today, October 2, 2012, from my dealer, Collector's World. It is the 7 piece set of Southern Belle Spyglass. I am happily awaiting its arrival.

Kathleen
© 2024 Collector Forums