LighthouseKeepers.com

Your favorite HL....

Posted By: Ocracoke Dreaming

Your favorite HL.... - 01/19/03 04:47 PM

Rather new to all of this, just became a collector about two weeks ago but am curious to what your favorite HL is. Tell which one it is and why you choose that particular one as your favorite.

David wink
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/19/03 06:41 PM

This is a good example of something that can work well as a thread, but not as a poll. The choices in the poll would have to be every HL ever made. including GLOWs. But you are welcomed by David to post your favorite as a reply to this thread.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/19/03 09:37 PM

Coquille River as you can tell by my avatar. The gem of my collection and the one that took the longest to aquire.

Rich cool
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/19/03 10:27 PM

What is you favorite Harbour Lights Lighthouse, this very minute? And tell us why.
No wimping out! No saying 'I can't pick one'!

One!

Uno.
If you can't make up your mind, don't post. (Come back later when you can make a committment.)

Montauk Point - My first and reason for collecting! Also lots of personal attachment!

--------------------
BOB
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/19/03 11:07 PM

Grand Haven. Many fond memories of walking along that pier. Not the most expensive or sought after, but definitely my favorite.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/20/03 12:20 AM

MY favorite is BEAVERTAIL, RI - Fond memories of fishing off the rocks in my earlier years and the first HL that I ever bought. What did I get myself into!!!

Bert
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/20/03 03:02 PM

If you make me choose, I have to go with Point Betsy. It was the first right after a wedding of a friend's daughter at the lighthouse. I was impressed with how well it represented the real thing, and I had the pictures to prove it eek .

Well, that was the beginning of my collection and a fond remembrence of the wedding.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/20/03 03:28 PM

Lots of pressure to name just one when there are so many great HL's. My first was Southeast Light, Block Island (Summer 1994). My second HL was Brant Point, Nantucket Island (Late Summer 1997). All the rest of them came after them.

Pick one, and only one?

NEW LONDON LEDGE (limited edition, of course!)

Why? I just like it. It has a smile factor. I've passed it several times by boat. I bought it from my buddy, Randy. It certainly isn't an elaborate HL. I just like it.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Brent

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/20/03 07:17 PM

Boy, that's a tough one. Because I only buy those that I have visited, each one is "special" in its own way. Oh the 82, there are 3 that would fall into the "extra-special" catagory:
Tawas Point, Michigan #152
Cape Hatteras, NC #102
Old Point Comfort, Virgina #244
...of those three I'd probably have to go with
Cape Hatteras as my most favorite. It was also the first piece that I ever bought....Jan., 1992
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/20/03 08:31 PM

O' Brent you wimped out! laugh One and only One, for me at this time that would have to be.........

Pemaquid Point eek laugh

Why, because I like the sound of the name and if I had my pick of lights to live in Pemaquid would be at the top of a very short list.

Chuck laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/30/03 02:26 AM

Old Point Comfort is my favorite Harbour Lights figurine. It's a large piece with lots of detail. Everytime I see it in my display case, it reminds me of the trip we took there in 1992. It's a great place to visit and having a Civil War fort close by is an added bonus! (I've always been interested in The Civil War!)
Posted By: Ocracoke Dreaming

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/30/03 02:42 AM

Yeah Randy that is a beautiful piece.It's just a shame that the South didn't win...LOL.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/30/03 01:29 PM

Hudson Athens of course !!!!
We will soon be getting ready for another season of tours.

http://hometown.aol.com/thelightkeeper/TheLanternRoom.html
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 01/31/03 04:31 AM

For me, it's Cape Neddick (Nubble Light). Though it's not a very detailed piece, it's the memories. While I was in the USCG, I had the opportunity, along with my then 3 year old daughter, to "ride the wire" over to the light. Ever since then, I have been in love with Nubble Light. Maybe one day HL will create a Christmas piece. But then, that's another topic and forum.

Tim
Posted By: Ron

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 02/01/03 10:03 PM

Mine would have to be "CAPE MAY" We spent lots of summers vacationing there when I was a boy. We still go there from time to time and by the way I still am a boy I think. laugh
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 02/02/03 02:51 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bodie Island, NC!!!! Every time I see it I remember summers spent on the Outer Banks as a kid.
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 02/20/03 04:40 PM

HL115 St. George's Reef ..... the piece I have is a canadian made piece with lightning rod. I love the unusual & unique look of the tower and the coloration in the paint job. The newer pieces are extremely well done and beautifully detailed, but I still prefer the look of the older pieces. Oh well, that's me! eek
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Your favorite HL.... - 02/25/03 11:38 PM

My favorite is the first one I ever saw when I was a young child. And that was Rockland Break-
water in Maine. It will always be one of my favorites.
© 2024 Collector Forums