LighthouseKeepers.com

Michigan Gas Prices ???

Posted By: Shortcake

Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/11/05 03:24 AM

Can anyone give me an idea as to what the average gas prices are in Michigan at this time? I don't want to have a Heart Attack when I pull into refill my tank! eek

We will be starting our Lighthouseing adventure in Cleveland, OH across to and up the east coast of Michigan to Mackinac. Then back down the west coast of Michigan on our way back down to the good ol SOUTH.

We have never before been north of the Mason Dixion Line Lighthouseing. And want to see every one that we can get to within our time limit!!! cool cool
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/11/05 03:53 AM

AAA Michigan Gas Prices Report
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/11/05 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shortcake:
We will be starting our Lighthouseing adventure in Cleveland, OH across to and up the east coast of Michigan to Mackinac. And want to see every one that we can get to within our time limit!!!
I've posted a link to a Detroit Area lighthouse trip that starts in Grosse Ile and goes to Port Huron. I'll be posting our itinerary from Port Huron to Mackinaw City along the Eastern Michigan Lake Huron shore in a few days. You're welcome to use it.

When are you expecting to be on the road in Michigan?
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/11/05 04:14 AM

In our area regular is $2.54.9 (40 miles south of the Big Mac Bridge).

The further north in the lower peninsula in the state of Michigan, the higher the gas prices are.

The upper peninsula in the state of Michigan from St. Ignace west on US 2 towards Escanaba USUALLY gas prices fall the further west you travel.

RULE OF THUMB: this is a tourist area....fill up before arriving!!! wink
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/11/05 04:18 AM

I thought gas was cheaper in Michigan! In the Madison, Wisconsin area, it recently jumped from $2.29 to $2.35 and today to $2.49/gallon.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/13/05 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John:
I've posted a link to a Detroit Area lighthouse trip that starts in Grosse Ile and goes to Port Huron. I'll be posting our itinerary from Port Huron to Mackinaw City along the Eastern Michigan Lake Huron shore in a few days. You're welcome to use it.
Thanks John!

We would like to meet up with you at Port Huron Friday evening in the park, but don't know if we will make it in time, probably not.

We have to work Thursday and will head out straight from the jobsite about 6 pm. Drive all night stopping for gas and coffee only. Should arrive in Cleveland, OH sometime around 7 am Friday morning. Will find a Truck Stop somewhere to shower and have breakfast then begin our Lighthouseing adventure across OH and up into MI. Most likely will find a motel in the Detroit area for the night and not make it to Port Huron until sometime Sat. frown
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/14/05 05:58 PM

An update....

Regular $2.71.9 at the BP station, 1 mile from our home.....

Thinking about swimming to the Island.... laugh
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/15/05 02:51 PM

On the subject of gas prices, in my area 87 octane goes for $2.49 - $2.58 at the cheaper stations. Gas at the marinas is going for $3.01 - $3.50 a gallon.

My Hemi has a 26 gallon tank and requires 89 octane. My Jeep has a 20 gallon tank and runs fine on 87. My Vette has a 20 gallon tank and requires premium. My boat has a 200 gallon gas capacity and burns 87.

If all tanks were empty and had to be filled with the correct octane all at once it would cost roughly a shade under $800. Nice country, America!

Oil companies are recording record profits. Many politicians apparently have "oil stock" in their portfolios. Is this why the average consumer must live with, and suffer in some cases, with the highest gas prices this country has ever experienced?

Higher oil prices means everyone suffers with higher prices on everything while some people get richer. Gee whiz, Mr. Slugo, can't that be investigated?

confused Bob confused
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/15/05 03:19 PM

The problem with your request is that whoever apointed the commitee to investigate the problem would probably have "OIL STOCKS" in "THEIR PORTFOLIO". frown

Bert frown
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/15/05 06:35 PM

Quote:
My Hemi has a 26 gallon tank and requires 89 octane. My Jeep has a 20 gallon tank and runs fine on 87. My Vette has a 20 gallon tank and requires premium. My boat has a 200 gallon gas capacity and burns 87.

Bob, it's hard to feel bad for you...there are many other people in America that are having problems just filling up one tank. laugh
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/16/05 04:46 AM

The price of a gallon of unleaded 87 octane reached a new high here today.$ 2.79/gallon.

Maybe we will get lucky and it will come down a little before all of the reunion visitors get here......

Mary
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/16/05 03:07 PM

Quote:
Bob, it's hard to feel bad for you...there are many other people in America that are having problems just filling up one tank.
I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me, Ruthie. No one handed us what we have. Lorna and I worked for it. We have two grown sons who are married with kids and doing great. Both sons owned their own homes before they got married. Both daughter-in-laws are wonderful and have great careers. We have three wonderful, healthy grandsons with another on the way.

I've never forgotten the days when I ran one business seven days a week, worked a part-time job five nights a week, and did other work on the side. Lorna was a stay-home Mom until the kids were in school full-time. When the kids came home from school, she was there.

There were no inheritances. There is no old money in my family. What we have we worked for. Now we enjoy the fruits of our labor. After all, it's only money!

On a side note, today is our 37th wedding anniversary. It's amazing that this amount of time has gone by so quickly. I guess time flys when you're having fun!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Michigan Gas Prices ??? - 08/16/05 04:17 PM

Congratulations on you anniversary. Best wishes to you and Lorna for a great day.
© 2024 Collector Forums