LighthouseKeepers.com

Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance

Posted By: Cana Fan

Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/08/05 07:41 PM

I checked with Harbour Lights yesterday and was informed that the Exclusive Waugoshance lights we're all there, and they will begin shipping them on or about September 23rd, after they're all signed.

Mike

Posted By: texaslighthouselover

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/08/05 10:19 PM

Mike,
Thanks for the update.
smile Bill B smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/09/05 03:26 AM

MIke, DO you know if they had a mini of Waugochance?

Bert smile

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/09/05 02:47 PM

The Mini was the attendee gift and is not available for purchase.

Mike
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/09/05 08:53 PM

Photos courtesy of Harry Hine who made them look so great!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/09/05 10:40 PM

Howdy Folks,

I love both versions, but to be honest, I like the "Bird Cage" better.

bobo

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/09/05 11:30 PM

For those interested, here are the various part numbers as far as I know:

HL 688 Round Island Name Badge
HL 689 Waugoshance mini

Thumbnails:
HL 679 Old Mac
HL 680 Grays Reef
HL 681 Waugoshance
HL 682 Fourteen Foot Shoal
HL 683 Poe Reef
HL 684 St. Helena
HL 685 Spectacle Reef
HL 686 Round Island
HL 687 White Shoal

HL 7054WW White ware White Shoal Ornament
LL 147R Round Island / Dinner at the Light

Given the above sequencing, educated guess as to the Waugoshance full size piece number would be HL 690.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/10/05 01:52 AM

Thanks Dave!

I was wanting this information, but just haven't gotten around to asking yet. Thank You!
Posted By: Bigbird

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/10/05 04:03 AM

Here's a 1993 picture of the real deal:

http://www.terrypepper.com/lights/michigan/waugoshance/waugoshance01.htm

Steve
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/11/05 06:06 AM

Both pieces are really well done! smile
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/11/05 04:42 PM

Wagoshance 2005

It doesn't appear to have changed to much since 1993..
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/11/05 04:59 PM

I'd like to pipe in here and comment on the piece, even though I'm not able to get one or anything...but it really looks incredible! A really great piece...lots of great details, like the barrels of oil in the oil house. Out of curiosity, how big is it? It looks like a big piece with the large square base, but maybe that's why...most HLs don't have a even-sized footprint. Another cool feature...

Anyway....
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/11/05 05:58 PM

Greg, the Waugoshance is a good size piece. The lady sitting beside me won one during the last day breakfast. The base is about the same size as the LE of Oak Island, NC. The reunion piece is "bulkier" but the base dimensions are similar.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/11/05 06:52 PM

Thanks for the list of product numbers Dave. Any special numbering on the "Build a light" the Hilton Head Rear Range? Harry only had 20 of these.

Also edition sizes of the thumbnails and the minis?

Thanks!

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/11/05 08:30 PM

Eric, the lady standing next to you was probably Linda, who works for my HL dealer...

Mel,

I had 450 of each of the products I spec'ed made (thumbs, name pin, mini, dinner at the light). Not all were given to collectors. Don't know about a number for the "build your own" piece, but can try to find out.

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/12/05 05:52 AM

Thanks Dave. During the "paint a lighthouse" I'm fairly certain Harry said he was only able to get 20 pieces in time for the "build your own".

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/12/05 06:55 AM

The number I was refering to was a HL part number, if they assigned them a special one. You are correct that there were only 20 build-your-own kits brought along. Guess that would put them into the "rare" catagory...

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/12/05 02:46 PM

The Cheyboybgan piece is #691 according to the order form we had to fill out for them.

Mike

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/30/05 02:42 PM

Has anybody recieved their Waugoschanse piece yet?
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/30/05 02:53 PM

Spoke with HL customer service on Wednesday, and the lighthouses were in the process of being signed, and expects to start shipping the following Tuesday, October 4th....

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 09/30/05 03:13 PM

As of last Monday they were setting up the warehouse for signing. The intent is to have Bill, Nancy & Kim all sign the pieces. Getting the three of them together at the same time, considering their travel schedules, has to be a challenge in itself!
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/01/05 01:28 AM

Is there any way to get a white shoal ornament
Fran
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/05/05 01:12 AM

Got my Waugoshances yesterday (10/3). They look great.

Rich

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/05/05 06:37 AM

My pieces were received in today's mail smile
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/06/05 02:52 PM

I still haven't been able to secure the Waugoshance Reunion Exclusive for my collection. I did have one collector who contacted me right away about trading the BIG W for a Canadian piece but he wanted the piece to still have the "Made in Canada" tag on the bottom. Unfortunately, the pieces I have and he wanted were missing that little sticker. I do thank him for contacting me though.

The only Waugoshance I've seen on eBay has been a mini. Not a lot of bidding going on on that piece. It will be interesting to see what happens when a collector finally puts a Big W up for auction.

When I attended the previous reunion in Baltimore, I took advantage of the 2-piece per attendee and Lorna & I bought four of the Hooper Straits. I kept one for my personal collection, gave one as a gift to some special friends, sold one to another collector, and kept the last one for future trading.

I wonder if the reunion attendees at the last reunion bought the allotted 2 pieces and just exactly what are they planning to do with them. I guess time will tell now that the Big W's are being delivered.

smile Bob smile

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/06/05 03:22 PM

Speaking for myself Bob, I only got two pieces, one of each of my and my wifes reunion number. I have one to keep and have a trade deal pending for another. I don't know why I didn't order all 4, I guess I just have too many others sitting in my closet that I'm not able to find takers for, either through selling or trading, that I don't wan't to have more added.

Mike
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/06/05 08:15 PM

CA - Monday
Colorado - Wednesday
Lorie has to get hers today if she's home?
Dave on Friday?
East Coast Monday?
wishful thinking,
Bob eek
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/06/05 09:28 PM

Bob,I don't have mine yet either. confused
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/07/05 12:51 AM

They must have by-passed UT and AZ. Still nothing here. frown I've been gone the last 2 weeks but will be home until Oct. 20th.

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/07/05 02:01 AM

Bob,

You will have to wait until at least Tuesday. Unfortunately for those waiting Monday is a holiday.

Bert smile

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/11/05 02:55 PM

Got mine yesterday. I must say, I really thought I would havew preffered the "now" version of the light, b ut now that I have it in my hands, I'm glad it's just the way it is. It's a very unique lighthouse and well done, as usual.

Mike

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/11/05 03:23 PM

Well Folks,

I still haven't seen "hide nor hair" of my Waugoshance piece. As usual I'm probably on the bottom of the shipping list.

bobo
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/11/05 06:31 PM

Looks like they skipped Texas. Are they shipped via UPS?

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/11/05 07:21 PM

Came via U.P.S. with a survey about the Reunion included

Mike
Posted By: CarolZ

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/11/05 09:07 PM

Mine arrived yesterday but no survey about the reunion. I guess my thoughts don't count.

I like the Waugoshance piece but it does seem a little bigger than the others I've purchased lately. I'll need to make room in the curio for this one.
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/11/05 10:04 PM

Got mine on Saturday last week. Very nice!
Was surprised. Didn't think it would come this soon.

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/11/05 10:14 PM

About half of the lights ordered before the Reunion have been shipped. The second half have now been signed by Bill, Nancy & Kim and are being packaged for shipment. HL expects to have these lights on their way by Friday. If you ordered more than one, they should come in one package. With few exceptions they will come via UPS.

Those who registered late or added to their order while at the Reunion, these lights will probably not be shipped until December, possibly later. They are also working very hard to get the special version of Cheboygan Crib produced so they can be shipped before the end of the year.
Posted By: Kat

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 03:53 AM

Thanks for the update Dave...and we are still waiting for ours, I am sure it will be here before long laugh

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 04:08 AM

Ours came to my work last week while we were on the road..They were waiting at my desk when I got to work on Tuesday..
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 05:32 AM

Mine have not made it to AZ yet frown But I will be waiting patiently :rolleyes:

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 04:52 PM

Does anyone know if they are being sent out in numerical order? Maybe those that had the lower numbers received their's first.

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 05:30 PM

Doubt it, Lorie. You would have been in the first half. Educated guess is that they opened up product to set out for signing until they ran out of space. All the pieces in a carton would be in numerical order, but they would have had to look for each carton in sequence. Probably not worth the effort. You should have your Waugoshances by the end of next week if they do get them all sent out this week. I don't have mine either, but I do have one I can go look at . . . . . .
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 05:44 PM

I seem to remember you having a Gold one to look at there Dave.

If you ever get a chance you should post a few pictures of it.

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 06:46 PM

Here's one in the mean time..

Well Deserved Gold Lighthouse!!
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/13/05 11:20 PM

Han--Num!
in the same tone as Jerry would say "Newman!" mad LOL

Bob wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/14/05 01:10 AM

Normally... when you see Dave in a pose similar to that, it is a dinner plate he is holding and the Chinet is already succumbing to the effects of a soggy plate and gravity...

something like this...

I only take the cheap shot because...well, Dave would if given the opportunity.

Congrats on the nice trophy Dave!

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/14/05 01:33 AM

That is one very nice looking gold light Dave. I'm sure you don't mind waiting for the Le when you have that one to look at. laugh

Bert smile
Posted By: Rock

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/14/05 03:17 AM

Numbers 287, 288, 424, and 425 arrived in NoCal today...

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/17/05 06:35 PM

Finally,

My two Exclusive Waugoshances arrived today. And to tell you the truth, I like the small "as now" version much better. For some reason, it seems to have more character and meaning.

Maybe it's just the sadness I feel when looking at a lighthouse that we could have possibly saved.

bobo

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/17/05 06:54 PM

Our 4 pieces arrived on Friday. Make sure to look in the bottom of the box for the reunion questionaire.
Posted By: ropetrick

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/17/05 08:02 PM

Bob,

I too prefer the mini. That is how it looked when I first sailed past in the early eighties. The skeletal birdcage gives it an eerie look that goes with it's haunted reputation.

Kim told me that the full-size exclusive would not be done as a Society Piece, perhaps the "falling wrapper" would be a good substitute.

Dan
Posted By: JJ

Re: Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance - 10/17/05 08:18 PM

Having reached the magic number of 50 posts, I am locking this thread and we will continue our discussion at:
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=44&t=000093#000000
© 2024 Collector Forums