Mystery light #3 -

Rick
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: These faux lights are where? - 04/09/11 08:33 AM

I believe #1 is Tarpon Springs, Florida
Posted By: RMau

Re: These faux lights are where? - 04/11/11 05:59 PM

And you would be correct Ladybug.

Picture #1 is from Tarpon Springs, the sponge capital of Florida. Neat place to grab a gyro and a beer in one of the many Greek restaurants.

Or, take a short boat trip out to the Gulf and watch a demonstration of how sponges were harvested in days-gone-by, and then get the gyro and the beer!

No guesses on the other two? Hint, they are actually in the same location, and nowhere near a coast.

Rick
Posted By: MelJB

Re: These faux lights are where? - 04/12/11 12:04 AM

Light 3, all I can say is it looks like a shopping mall, but which one is a mystery. My husband would say "I thought you were familiar with the insides of ALL the shopping malls" ;)

Re: These faux lights are where? - 04/13/11 10:59 PM

Well Melody, I can see the resemblance to a mall now that you mention it. But you're off the hook! It is not a shopping mall.

It is Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport in Birmingham, Alabama.

Rick
Posted By: Dave H

Re: These faux lights are where? - 04/14/11 05:16 AM

Sounds like an interesting airport.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: These faux lights are where? - 04/14/11 04:39 PM

An airport you say? Hmmmm, very interesting. Now that you mention it, looking very very closely at the person walking to the right of the Cape Hatteras like column they could be pulling a suit case. Never been to Birmin'ham.

Re: These faux lights are where? - 07/30/11 03:42 AM

Here is another one.

Mystery Light #4

Rick
Posted By: kory63

Re: These faux lights are where? - 07/31/11 01:28 AM

I'm not getting the photos!!
Rick

Re: These faux lights are where? - 07/31/11 06:59 PM

Rick,

I think we'll have to have someone more familiar with the inner workings of the forum software and settings comment on possible reasons.

I know that if I'm not logged in to the forums, I don't see images. But, one cannot post in the threads if one isn't logged in. And you just posted.

If anyone else is not seeing the images, please post a note here saying so. Maybe collectively we can figure it out.

Rick
Posted By: Dave H

Re: These faux lights are where? - 07/31/11 09:46 PM

The image is displaying. A small correction to what you noted, Rick M. People who are not logged in won't see images uploaded using the built in forum software. I have had many complaints about that, as we have always allowed "lurkers" to enjoy our forums. Don't know why this is the case, and can find nothing in the forum set up that would cause this to happen so it would appear to be an undocumented feature.

Images of those that upload using the old system or link to another site where their images are stored (as you have done) should be viewable.

Rick K, not sure why you can't view. Sometimes images linked from some of the photo storage sites have a feature (I use that word loosely) that limit how many views it can have in a given time frame. In cases like that, the image will show up one time you look and not the next, but may be back the next day. A long shot, but a possibility. Sometimes it is as simple as refreshing the page to get the image to display.
Posted By: wheland

Re: These faux lights are where? - 07/31/11 11:49 PM

I'm going to say Grantham Point in Mt. Dora, FL for #4.

Dennis
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: These faux lights are where? - 08/01/11 02:33 AM

I've had a problem seeing the photos, (as well as other issues), since I "upgraded" my IE browser. I found that if I use my Firefox browser I'm able to avoid all of the issues I have with IE, (including seeing the photos).

Re: These faux lights are where? - 08/01/11 02:43 AM

Dennis,

Excellent thought, but sorry, incorrect.

Rick
Posted By: kory63

Re: These faux lights are where? - 08/02/11 12:50 AM

I don't understand many of the mysteries of cyberspace but someone did something and I have received the images! THANK YOU!
I haven't a clue as to which LHs these are but since I'm here I'll make a WILD guess at #4: West Quoddy at Lake Havesau Arizona??
I think I read something about faux lights there once upon a time!
Rick
Posted By: mghusge

Re: These faux lights are where? - 08/05/11 02:14 AM

Faux Light #4. Monkey Island, Homosassa River, Homosassa Springs, Florida
Mike

Re: These faux lights are where? - 08/05/11 06:51 PM

Ding, ding, ding!

Mike is the winner. Monkey Island, Homosassa River. And yes, there are monkey's on the island, and they apparently do not swim away.

Rick
© 2024 Collector Forums