LighthouseKeepers.com

Winter Lighthouses

Posted By: Roxie

Winter Lighthouses - 12/09/03 10:30 PM

Okay, it's time to dig those winter shots of lighthouses out! Gary is always good at showing the frosty Great Lakes, I'm sure there's more chilling pictures out there! Here's one of my favorite winter shots - It's the Cape Elizabeth EAST Tower. It was decomissioned in the 1920's. Something about the angle and shapes spoke to me. Sorry for the poor scan, I need a better scanner for Christmas!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/10/03 12:07 AM

Very nice composition, Roxie!
Posted By: Mike Hershberger

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/10/03 07:57 AM

Roxie, I'm sure you knew I'd post this one.... It's been posted on here before, but what better opportunity !!!!
The lights at St. Joe last winter. This shot was made about 30 minutes after a fairly disappointing sunset. But man am I glad I went out that day and froze my tookus!!!
Posted By: Roxie

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/10/03 02:34 PM

As always Mike, that photo is fabulous! laugh
Posted By: Medicman

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/16/03 10:56 AM

I've got to be in Chicago on the 20th of next month and plan on running up to Grosse Point to see it and maybe up to Wind Point too...depends on road conditions and the weather. So maybe I'll have a couple of winter shots to post too...
We'll see....
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/17/03 03:16 AM

Thats a fantastic shot Mike!

Suzanne Murphy
Posted By: Ron

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/17/03 04:58 AM

Great Picture Mike, Sure must have been cold.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/17/03 05:20 AM

OOOOOOOOOOHH, too #*/!@&^ COLD for me!

I'll stay down south thank you!

Stephanie
Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/21/03 03:53 AM

Here's a winter sunset from a couple of years ago, also shot at St Joe.

It was quite cold that day and requied climbing the dunes in snow that was beyond knee deep to get in position to take the shot. By the time I was ready to go home, "cold" didn't describe how I felt about the day...

Gary
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/21/03 07:17 AM

It sure is nice to enjoy these beautiful winter pictures from the comfort of my chair with the fireplace burning. smile Any temp below 80 and I'm cold. wink

Thanks for letting me enjoy the scene being warm.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Winter Lighthouses - 12/28/03 07:23 AM

Hmmm those are some harsh looking conditions, Mike! All of these photos look really great.

I wanted to mention Gary that the photo I purchased from you many months back was greatly appreciated by my friend in Ohio. Everytime I talk to her she mentions how much she enjoys it.

Thank you again.
© 2024 Collector Forums