LighthouseKeepers.com

Heceta Head Sunset

Posted By: Ned F

Heceta Head Sunset - 07/31/05 11:03 PM

The marine layer didn't cooperate well for a spectaclular sunset, but I thought this one of Heceta Head turned out the best. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any of the other lights as I hoped.

Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 07/31/05 11:44 PM

Another great picture Ned. Love those West Coast lighthouse sunsets.

Bert smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 12:32 AM

Really caught the "gleam" in Heceta's beam..... Were you using a special effects filter of some type to enhance the sparkle or is that all natural?
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 12:55 AM

WOW! What a beautiful photo, Ned.
Judy

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
Really caught the "gleam" in Heceta's beam..... Were you using a special effects filter of some type to enhance the sparkle or is that all natural?
Thank you. Actually, I finally paid attention to what I was doing for once, and shot with a small aperture. I believe the 70-200L Canon has an eight blade aperture, resulting in the looks of the star effect here.. This afternoon I printed this out fairly large and I'm pretty glad to get what appears to be this one "keeper" for the day...
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 03:15 AM

Wooooo. Nice.
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 01:52 PM

Oh Ned, thanks for bringing back memories of my trip there in April. I didn't get quite as much color, but can't complain. What a great shot and an incredible spot!!

Seastacks in front of Heceta Head, about 40 minutes after sunset, April 2005.

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 02:36 PM

Nice one, Jennifer.. we were tempted to try to get a shot like this one, but I was glad we went to the viewpoint instead. This is really nice!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 03:59 PM

Ned - another beautiful photo! Hope you are marketing these images and making some money.

John

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JChidester:
Ned - another beautiful photo! Hope you are marketing these images and making some money.

John
I'm trying as hard as I can, alright! laugh

By the way, here is the only other good shot I got - this was a few seconds before or after the last - I was going for an illuminated fresnel instead of the straight-on flash.

Posted By: rscroope

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/01/05 08:54 PM

The sunlight on the side of the entry makes it look like they left the lights on. Very Cool!
Posted By: Beaconfollower

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/02/05 12:18 AM

Heceta Head Light is one I really would love to go see. What a wonderful picture, thanks. smile
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/02/05 02:35 AM

Very nice! What a beautiful place...
Posted By: Bud Schrader

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/02/05 02:56 AM

Ned, a true keeper. Great shot!
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/02/05 02:57 AM

Amazing photos! All your photos make me want to jump on an aeroplane and go to the West coast, except I don't like to fly and it would cost way too much...

Never hurts to dream, though.... smile
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Heceta Head Sunset - 08/02/05 03:45 AM

Beautiful shots Ned! Almost feel like I'm there!
It's such a beautiful spot.
© 2024 Collector Forums