LighthouseKeepers.com

Tillamook Rock - July 3rd

Posted By: Ned F

Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/09/05 02:37 AM

Sorry I have been kind of scarce around here. I've been shooting a lot - just not lighthouses.. I spent 10 days photographing the southwest, and needed a good dose of the Oregon coast - so we braved the 4th of July crowds and headed down. This is my favorite of this particular night shooting.

Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/09/05 02:54 AM

Love that shot Ned cool It looks great between the two rocks.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/09/05 05:44 AM

I can see why it would rank as a favorite!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/09/05 06:28 AM

How long did it take you, Ned, to whittle out that notch in the rocks so you could still see the lighthouse?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/09/05 01:48 PM

Great composition, Ned! Mother nature gets an assist on this pic and you get the blue ribbon for your timing on that shot. Good job!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/09/05 04:42 PM

Great image Ned. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/09/05 05:26 PM

Beautiful, Ned. Good to see you back on the CF, too. You were in the Southwest? If you were in my territory around Phoenix and didn't get in touch, shame on you!

Let's see some of your Southwestern shots, too.

BTW, are you shooting digital now? What are you using?
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/10/05 01:53 AM

Great shot Ned. That West Coast has some fantastic sunsets. You certainly were at the right place at the right time.

Thanks for sharing.

Bert smile

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/10/05 03:16 AM

Thanks for the kind comments. I was hoping this would have some merit worthy of printing, which I think I will.

John, I completely switched to digital, with this July marking the 1 year anniversary, (or death), of my film camera. It died doing what I love, (shooting waterfalls), but it was a worthy death!

Anway, I made the switch to the Canon 1D mark II - the 8 megapixel version. I'm already thinking about a switch to there 1Ds Mark II - 16 megapixel, though...
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/10/05 05:09 AM

Great shot! cool
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/11/05 06:10 PM

What a beautiful shot Ned!
When the TBHLCC did the West Coast Lighthouse Tour we bflew over tillamook at sunset.
My camera malfunctioned and I didn't get a shot!
Very disappointing! I'll never forget how beautiful it was!
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/12/05 04:19 AM

Ned,

That's a very beautiful shot.

My photos from my 8 megapixel camera are already quite large. I can't imagine 16 megapixels.

Tammy
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/13/05 02:01 AM

Ned,
Fabulous shot. Wow!
Judy
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/13/05 03:49 AM

Thanks for your efforts!

Beautiful pic!
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/13/05 01:39 PM

Great shot Ned. Is that taken from the Cannon Beach area?
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/13/05 05:06 PM

Ned you captured my two favorite photos subjects - Lighthouses and Sunsets - in one shot. AWESOME! cool
Bob

Re: Tillamook Rock - July 3rd - 07/14/05 06:53 AM

Thanks for all of the comments.. Yes, Lorie, it was - just on the North end of town. It is actually just before the turnoff to Ecola Park. In stead, one just drives straight, and then tries to figure out where to park! Cannon Beach is one of those towns with lots of weird ordinances and such. We did a photo gallery showing there on this weekend, and we couldn't even put a sign up on the main street - in fear of breaking the "sandwich board ordinance!" here I am rambling.. :-)
© 2024 Collector Forums