LighthouseKeepers.com

Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover!

Posted By: Webmaster

Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/06/05 12:44 AM

Congratulations to long-time CF member Ron Foster who's photo of Avery Point CT getting the new lantern room graces the cover of the November 2005 issue of Lighthouse Digest!

Nice shot, Ron...

And there's a page of more of Ron's photos of the mating of the lantern room and the refurbished tower on the inside.
Posted By: PFC

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/06/05 02:48 AM

smile Nice cover, Ron! Congratulations!

John Did you also see the picture of Ron's wife MJ presenting Kathy Finnegan with books of quarters that their grandaughter Lexis raised for lighthouse preservation? Bill Younger is looking on in the picture also. laugh

My best,
Paul Conlin
ALF Secretary
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/06/05 07:29 AM

Congrats, Ron!!! I can't wait to get mine!
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/06/05 02:24 PM

Well done Ron! Great picture on the cover and great coverage with you inside pictures.
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/06/05 03:34 PM

Great picture. I plan on going to check out the light real soon.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/06/05 09:35 PM

Congrats Ron!
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/08/05 05:21 AM

My copy finally arrived. Congratulations, Ron.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/08/05 06:04 AM

I am getting very antsy; my copy hasn't arrived yet. Ron takes wonderful pictures so I can't wait to see this cover.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/08/05 05:37 PM

Sure would be nice if someone would scan the cover and post it for everyone to appreciate . . .

By the way, Congratulations Ron!
Posted By: wheland

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/08/05 07:48 PM

Ask and ye shall recieve-

Dennis
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/08/05 07:53 PM

Thank you, Dennis. Glad to see things are coming together at Avery Point. Pretty day for the "crowning". Ron must have been playing hookey from work.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/08/05 07:54 PM

Dennis, thanks for posting this...my copy hasn't arrived yet either.

Ron, CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful!

Judy
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/09/05 06:47 AM

Mine finally came today. What a great issue. Ron, the pictures are fantastic, as usual! As Paul Conlin pointed out, there's also a nice picture of M.J. with the donation their granddaughter made to the American Lighthouse Foundation. Is the whole family involved with lighthouses?

There's lots of other stuff of interest to Reunion attendees, Chicago bus tour riders, and potential Virginia participants.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/09/05 09:20 PM

Wow! What a picture! And I am envious for Ron's being there to take it! What a sight! Congratulations !!
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/13/05 06:44 PM

Thank you all for your warm congratulatory comments. I apologize for not responding earlier, but am still getting used to the time change between here and Hawaii (we arrived home this past Wednesday).

It is an honor to have my first-ever cover photo on Lighthouse Digest. I was fortunate several years ago to get on the cover of the Lighthouse Depot Catalog once.

Paul, thanks for mentioning the picture of MJ, Kathy & Bill. I hope that everyone noticed the shirt that Bill had on. I am always proud to see Bill wear it.

You are all special people, taking the time to post here. Thank you ever so much.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Ron Foster's Avery Point Shot on LH Digest Cover! - 11/13/05 07:37 PM

Hawaii, Congrats on the cover too!
I saw Avery from the ferry twice this past week, and even with the cage still on it looks quite cool to have the latern room back.
Bob wink
© 2024 Collector Forums