LighthouseKeepers.com

Grand Marais and Others

Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Grand Marais and Others - 10/11/04 05:26 AM

Well, this is my last post from my fall trip to the North Shore. Although I got some beautiful aerial shots of the shore, I didn't have time to resize and upload them.

Since I've lived in Minnesota half of my life now, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I just saw the Grand Marais light for the first time this past weekend. They predicted a rainy day. It started off sunny. As we got closer to Grand Marais, it started to rain lightly. It was also windy, and the pier was wet. So, we didn't attempt to walk out to the light. I quickly took a few shots before we drove up the Gunflint trail. The rain stopped while we were driving on the Gunflint trail. It started again when we got back to Grand Marais. Both of the photos were taken during brief appearances from the sun.

If we didn't have rain showers, we wouldn't get to see any rainbows. These are two of the 3 rainbows we saw that afternoon. I didn't have time to set up a tripod as they faded too quickly.

Before leaving for the Duluth airport, I quickly took a few photos just after sunrise. This is the view from the placed we stayed. We had to be on the road by 8:30 am to get to the Duluth airport by 10:30 am.

Grand Marais was my 93rd lighthouse photographed and Minnesota Lighthouse ruins was # 94.

That's the end of my story... Time for bed.

Tammy
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Grand Marais and Others - 10/11/04 06:51 AM

Thanks for sharing Tammy. All the pictures look like a beautiful fall day. How nice to even get the rainbows!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Grand Marais and Others - 10/11/04 07:06 AM

More beautiful pictures, Tammy. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Grand Marais and Others - 10/11/04 12:02 PM

Nice pics, Tammy! I'm curious about the unusual coloring on the rocks in picture #2. Is that some sort of moss or is it caused by minerals within the rocks?

smile Bob smile
Posted By: beachbum1616

Re: Grand Marais and Others - 10/11/04 06:59 PM

What range of colors you were able to capture!

Great Job!
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Grand Marais and Others - 10/12/04 12:06 AM

Tammy, beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Grand Marais and Others - 10/12/04 04:35 AM

What a cute little lighthouse in a scenic setting! And your color shoreline shot...WOW. Lovely composition!! I've never been west of Apostle and need to get up that way.
Posted By: Grover

Re: Grand Marais and Others - 10/12/04 05:28 AM

Tammy,

Those rainbows are magnificent ... thanks for posting them ...

The rest of those shots aren't too shabby, either.

Barry
© 2024 Collector Forums