LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse in the desert?

Posted By: Ned F

Lighthouse in the desert? - 04/14/05 03:40 PM

I couldn't resist posting this view of the totem pole in Monument Valley. I was there Monday morning shooting and the first light of morning was incredible. Hope you enjoy this departure from the norm...

Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Lighthouse in the desert? - 04/14/05 04:02 PM

Wow! I've got to get up there. Been living in Arizona for 21 years and have never visited Monument Valley!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouse in the desert? - 04/14/05 05:39 PM

I would say that your early morning visit paid off nicely, Ned. Thanks for the view.
Posted By: catzb1

Re: Lighthouse in the desert? - 04/14/05 05:53 PM

Wonderful photo, Ned! I've never been there but I guess I need to add it to my ever-growing list of places to see.

Cathy

Re: Lighthouse in the desert? - 04/14/05 06:39 PM

This area is absolutely stunning at sunrise and sunset. I'm going back in May with my photographer buddy and this time we are taking our wives along to enjoy the sites. This portion is part of the valley requiring a Navajo guide to take you there. I'd highly recommend either a morning or sunset tour with Tom Phillips - he is one of the best guides available.

Re: Lighthouse in the desert? - 04/14/05 06:43 PM

Forgot to add, John that I was out there this last weekend - also visiting Sodona and South of Phoenix at the Superstition Hills, (mountains?, the Grand Canyon and Page. We had either pleasant temperatures or driving snow at some of the places. I think we set some personal endurance records - flew to Vegas after work on Friday - drove 1,500 miles in 3 states, (in 3 days), operating on 11 hours of sleep. We flew back into Portland at 2:30 AM Tuesday morning and had to be at work at 8 AM. Oh to be young again - that schedule is hard on an old guy! smile
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Lighthouse in the desert? - 04/14/05 07:10 PM

Beautiful!
© 2024 Collector Forums