LighthouseKeepers.com

A few from Bodie...

Posted By: beachbum1616

A few from Bodie... - 04/05/06 03:27 AM

Here are a few that were taken. We didn't spend a lot of time here this trip, which is highly unusual.

These are two of the more common shots.

Trying to find a little something different to shoot, I was trying to use the "board walk' as a tool to lead your eye out to the lighthouse. Aside from the lack of good color in these two, how is the compostition?

I would like some opinions on these as well if you have one.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: A few from Bodie... - 04/05/06 04:57 AM

Actually, I rather like the last shot. Very pretty sky with the wispy clouds. The tower stands out very sharply against it. Looks like you have several lines leading you into the picture with the walk that takes a sharp turn and then the fence by the tower.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: A few from Bodie... - 04/05/06 07:51 AM

I agree with Dave's comments on the last one, but I do like that second one, too. Almost gives the impression of a rambling prairie in the background.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: A few from Bodie... - 04/05/06 09:28 AM

I like the last shot also.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: A few from Bodie... - 04/05/06 05:30 PM

Dave's comments are true but I like the next to last shot. I think it has a little more brightness and contrast to it yet you still get the openess of the area. They are all very nice.

smile cool
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: A few from Bodie... - 04/09/06 04:37 AM

Stephen, once again, nice work! The last one is definitely the best of the bunch. I like how you are working your compositions to lead your eye into the photo, as well as putting the tower off center in the frame. Keep 'em coming!
Posted By: HCS

Re: A few from Bodie... - 04/19/06 08:02 PM

Nice shots, thanks for sharing.
HCS
© 2024 Collector Forums