LighthouseKeepers.com

Last night at the lake...

Posted By: Gary Martin

Last night at the lake... - 08/21/02 04:40 AM

Last night here in SW Michigan we had a beautifully clear evening. The horizon looked pretty clear so I drove out to South Haven... boy was I glad I did. There were some very distant cumulus clouds almost flush with the horizon to the west where the sun would set and some drifting in from the southwest that weren't going to be a problem. Here are a couple of shots from that outing. These were taken on Fuji Provia 100F slide film using an 80-200 and a 300 mm lens with a 1.4X teleconverter. I've got the exposure details if anyone is curious downloaded from my F5. Just let me know.

The color, at least from my point of view was pretty spectacular. Hope everyone enjoys these...

Gary
Posted By: Bud Schrader

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/21/02 04:57 AM

Pretty spectacular is a good term to use, Gary, very nice! BTW I posted a response to your tips for Bethany but somehow posted to your Marblehead thread. The tips were a good reminder to we older folks,too! Thanks for taking that much time - but I seriously doubt she will get up for my next sunrise trip to Marblehead- we'll see!

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/21/02 04:59 AM

Last one for the night...

Gary

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/21/02 05:08 AM

Depends on how bad she wants to use your camera, Bud! Time will tell though, you're certainly right about that!

Glad you liked the posts tonight.

Gary
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/21/02 07:33 AM

Awesome as usual Gary Thanks! laugh
Dale
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/21/02 07:11 PM

Gary

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: ape

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/22/02 05:33 AM

Beautiful photos Gary...thanks for sharing them with us. smile
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/26/02 04:09 PM

Fantastic Gary. The colors are great indeed. I love sunset pictures and I try many myself but the colors just don't seem to com through. I'm now trying filters to see if that helps. I have a rather simple older camera to play with. You have certainly given me something to shoot for. eek
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Last night at the lake... - 08/27/02 03:39 AM

Great pics Gary. Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 Collector Forums