LighthouseKeepers.com

Heceta Head, Oregon

Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Heceta Head, Oregon - 01/30/06 05:18 PM

I have quite a few lighthouses from my Pacific NW trip last spring that I never got around to posting, due to moving and new baby. I'm finally going through some of my images and wanted to share some of them from my fabulous trip to Heceta Head at sunset.

First stop, the overlook going from south to north up PCH 1. It was about an hour and a half before sunset.

There was a parking lot below the 1/2 mile path up the hill to the lighthouse. We parked the car, I got my backpack and tripod (keep in mind I was 24 weeks pregnant tredging up that hill, for those of you that have been there!) and this was the view of the coastline looking south about 1/2 way up the hill.

The keeper's quarters, now turned into a bed and breakfast. We would have stayed, but didn't haven enough cash this trip since we were there for 12 days total.

The coastline again looking south from the lighthouse at the top.

And the beautiful Heceta Head lighthouse.

The buildings used to store oil, now used as a gift shop.

More views of Heceta Head.

Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Heceta Head, Oregon - 01/30/06 05:26 PM

More Heceta Head.

The view looking down to the ocean on the north side of the light. Sorry for the smaller size.

As we started to walk back, I noticed the path to tredge even further uphill - I was bound and determined to get my lens shot with the ocean behind it!

And back at the halfway point as we worked our way down, looking back up at Heceta Head.

And the same view, wider angle.

And the beach from the parking lot, about 1/2 hour after sunset. Sorry for the larger size on this one.

Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Heceta Head, Oregon - 01/30/06 05:30 PM

Beautiful pictures Jen. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful place with us.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Heceta Head, Oregon - 01/30/06 09:13 PM

Fantastic Images, Jen. You've done it again!

Let's see those other pictures, too.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Heceta Head, Oregon - 01/31/06 04:05 AM

Absolutely gorgeous, as usual, Jen. That last shot is s-o-o-o beautiful! Thanks for letting us see these.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Heceta Head, Oregon - 01/31/06 08:14 PM

Love your pics Jen! smile

Do you have the Oregon coast lighthouses mapped out? John and I are thinking of taking a drive there sometime during the summer.
© 2024 Collector Forums