LighthouseKeepers.com

Odds & ends...

Posted By: Bob M

Odds & ends... - 08/10/06 08:09 PM

Just moving some pics around at the request of our leader.

This is a pic of the entrance to Menemsha Harbor, Martha's Vineyard. I took it last week on vacation and may submit it with an article I'm writing about Menemsha for Cape Cod Life. There was no photoshop alterations on this photo. The extreme colors come from a "sunset" setting on my camera.

A picture of Long Point, Provincetown, MA, with a make shift memorial. I had originally submitted this as a possible masthead for the CF. Perhaps the American Flag attached to a cross is too deep for the CF.

smile Bob smile

P.S. Feel free to add your "Odds & ends" to this thread. Any pics at all, even non-lighthouse ones, are welcome.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Odds & ends... - 08/10/06 10:24 PM

Actually, Bob, that redish-orange (or is it orangish-red?) is pretty intense. Very interesting output by the camera. Was the sky close to that color or did the camera enhance it?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Odds & ends... - 08/11/06 02:26 PM

Dave,... The pic with this reply was taken at approximately the same time as the one in the beginning of the thread. This pic was taken without utilizing the "sunset" scene feature of the camera. That will probably answer you question about the camera enhancing the picture.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: beachbum1616

Re: Odds & ends... - 08/11/06 03:25 PM

Bob,

I like both versions of the photo, but have you tried taking the second one and uping the saturation on it. You might get a different, yet more natural look to the picture?
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Odds & ends... - 08/11/06 03:29 PM

Bob-both are very nice photos. I prefer the first with the sunset setting. It makes you "feel" the dog days of summer. smile
© 2024 Collector Forums