Pigeon Point

Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Pigeon Point - 09/25/10 08:08 PM

Pigeon Point Timelapse Animation
All I can say is WOW!!!
eek bow
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: Pigeon Point - 09/26/10 01:00 AM

Thanks Roland! It would be great to see one of those with a fresnel in the lantern room. You could see that the light was on the rail. It took me a second to figure out that it was the moon that was moving. Thanks again, that was great.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Pigeon Point - 09/27/10 05:13 PM

Very cool!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Pigeon Point - 09/27/10 11:06 PM

Wow...nice !!!!!
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Pigeon Point - 10/28/10 07:47 AM

Laura, Fran Dollinger and I were there last week. There is a First Order in the lens room, but it's draped off and I think there is an automated beacon on the exterior. Still a neat video. Wish I knew enough how to do that - someone needs to capture Heceta Head like that!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Pigeon Point - 10/28/10 05:03 PM

A lot of money on equipment is how it is done, Jen..
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Pigeon Point - 10/28/10 09:28 PM

There is a rail time-lapse system coming soon for under $800 - moves the camera along a track (3' or 6') and triggers the camera. Add on will allow the camera to pan during the time-lapse. (i.e. keep a subject centered as camera moves along the track between shots.) You suspend the track between two tripods.

This is a somewhat different device -- for use in taking star photos http://vimeo.com/12168314 , but seems to also have some time-lapse functions. Don't know the cost on this one.
Posted By: WVsister

Re: Pigeon Point - 12/14/10 05:36 AM

I wonder how much equipment you will be bringing on the cruise? I would love to watch a true "Camera Tech" work. I have a lot to learn. Hopeful student, Nancy
© 2024 Collector Forums