LighthouseKeepers.com

COSMIC STORM

Posted By: Gary Martin

COSMIC STORM - 11/11/04 04:00 AM

A number of people have lost sleep this week courtesy of the cosmic lightshow in the heavens. Jen is by no means alone in that regard. I got home after 4 AM this morning from photographing at the lake. Here's one image from the session this morning.

The rest of the images from a couple of sessions this week are uploaded onto a gallery on my website at:

Coastal Beacons / Cosmic Storm

There is also a 25 frame animated sequence of the Celestial Dance of the Aurora borealis on the following web page -- just click the central image to load the 2.9 Mbyte animation. The individual images in the animation were shot as 1 sec exposures at 1 frame/sec at f/2.8 using a 14 mm ultrawide angle lens at iso = 1600. The movement of the aurora in this animation shows the extent of motion from second to second.

Celestial Dance - Aurora Animation

Gary
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: COSMIC STORM - 11/11/04 05:09 AM

Gary,

AMAZING! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

bobo
Posted By: Bob M

Re: COSMIC STORM - 11/11/04 12:36 PM

Wonderful shots, thanks for sharing! I guess photography is about catching one moment in time and being in the right place at the right time. That can take a lot of dedication and perseverance.

Thanks again!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: seagirt

Re: COSMIC STORM - 11/11/04 10:00 PM

Wow! I didn't even know that the Aurora moved...thought that it was, for the most part, static. Learning something new every day. smile

Thanks for sharing!
© 2024 Collector Forums