LighthouseKeepers.com

Boon Island 2

Posted By: regalhobo

Boon Island 2 - 04/30/06 08:28 PM

Here are 2 C.G. Cutters at the base.

Portsmouth Naval Prison(brig). Now closed and abandoned. It was a busy and beautiful building (on the outside anyway) and happily I never saw the inside.

Just coming out of the harbor you see Portsmouth Harbor light with Whaleback Light in the distance.

This is PHL with Fort Constitution.9Note the openings for the cannon implacements)

another look at PHL

A little further out is the Light Saving Station at Whaleback Light.

Whaleback Light

Here are Whaleback and the LSS together.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Boon Island 2 - 04/30/06 08:42 PM

Great pictures, Tom. A unique angle on all those lights and features from the water.
Posted By: HCS

Re: Boon Island 2 - 04/30/06 09:59 PM

More great photos - thanks Tom.
HCS
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Boon Island 2 - 04/30/06 10:31 PM

Brilliant pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Boon Island 2 - 04/30/06 10:52 PM

Really like your pictures, Tom. cool The last one is my favorite. It looks like the water got a bit choppy though.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Boon Island 2 - 05/01/06 02:17 AM

Your shots are just great, Tom. The one of the prison looks pretty spooky (wonder what might still wander there? eek ) I like the different angle of "another look" of PHL and that last one is very special with the misty look.

Re: Boon Island 2 - 05/01/06 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsTLC:
Really like your pictures, Tom. cool The last one is my favorite. It looks like the water got a bit choppy though.
Thanks Ruthie. Yes, there were 7 foot swellsand very windy. That's why the Captain didn't want to go out to Boon Island. It was a shame for the folks that haven't been there before, but so goes life. One woman has tried to get there for 5 years and she hasen't made it yet. All due to high seas. I must, admit she was a great sport about it.

smile cool
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Boon Island 2 - 05/01/06 11:48 PM

I like the last one too. smile
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Boon Island 2 - 05/02/06 03:46 PM

Nice pictures Tom. I would like to see those lights prior to the Portland regional event in October. Is there a boat tour that you have any information on or was this a private group that you went with?
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Boon Island 2 - 05/02/06 04:12 PM

There's a boat that goes out from the harbor Lorie.
web page

Re: Boon Island 2 - 05/02/06 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorie Roe:
Nice pictures Tom. I would like to see those lights prior to the Portland regional event in October. Is there a boat tour that you have any information on or was this a private group that you went with?
Thanks Lorie, This was with ALF, but I know there are trips out there. If Bob's link doesn't get you what you want (but I'm sure it will) let me know and I'll get the information that you need.

smile cool
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Boon Island 2 - 05/03/06 05:26 AM

Thanks for the info Bob. We are going to try for the NH cruise on the Thurs. or Fri. before the Portland event in Oct.
© 2024 Collector Forums