LighthouseKeepers.com

Thatcher Island Twins

Posted By: Grover

Thatcher Island Twins - 09/09/04 02:22 PM

Good Morning ...

Caught this shot on a recent trip ... just wanted to share with some of my new acquaintances.

Grover
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Thatcher Island Twins - 09/09/04 03:43 PM

Awful nice of the sail boat to come by to add to your picture! Not too often you get to see these two towers in one picture, especially from this angle. Thanks for sharing. Does look to have been a little hazy that day?
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Thatcher Island Twins - 09/09/04 04:00 PM

Great photo Barry. Nice angle on the lights. I agree that the sailboat is a nice added touch. Were you some some sort of a cruise or your own boat? Now that I finally got your name right, I'll use it!

Bert smile
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Thatcher Island Twins - 09/09/04 04:00 PM

Nice capture Barry! smile Love the sailboat in front of the lighthouses!
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Thatcher Island Twins - 09/09/04 05:56 PM

Nice to see the 2 lights together. Were you on land or water taking that picture? Thanks for sharing Grover.
Posted By: PFC

Re: Thatcher Island Twins - 09/10/04 03:06 AM

smile Hi all - You should check out the article posted under the General Forum "Demand for old windmills exceeds supply". It tells of a plan to use a windmill to power the twin lights on Thacher Island. cool
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Thatcher Island Twins - 09/10/04 03:40 PM

Nice shot, Barry! I really like how the sailboat gives a sense of dimension. Great shot! laugh
Posted By: mombo

Re: Thatcher Island Twins - 09/11/04 02:19 AM

Neat photo Barry! It's been a number of years since I saw Thacher's from the water.
© 2024 Collector Forums