LighthouseKeepers.com

Thoughts on this Photo?

Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 12:45 AM

Can anyone give me their thoughts on this photo?

Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 03:11 AM

You mean besides the fact that it is beautiful!?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 03:21 AM

On my monitor, it looks too blue. It's a great pic but the color looks off to me. Maybe it's just my monitor.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 04:29 AM

It has a very, very blue tint to it. However, I wonder if this is what Jen was after? To me, the blue makes it look cool or cold, which it would be with all the ice.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 06:39 AM

A Blue & Gold filter?

I recently bought a blue & gold, it really can make a difference on water but I haven't tried it on ice.

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 07:53 AM

I'll keep everyone guessing as to how I did this for another day or so and then I'll post my secret. If you surf lighthousing.net and see my answer over there, don't post it until I get a chance! smile

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 05:38 PM

On my digital, I have gotten a very blue picture by leaving the white balance set for tungsten lights. Didn't do it on purpose, but the pictures were very blue!
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 06:29 PM

I think its a great picture and I agree with Dave it look VERY COLD!

Bert smile
Posted By: mombo

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 07:16 PM

I think it would look better without all that blue snow and ice. It's March 10th and I'm ready for spring!!! laugh

(Just kidding Jen! smile )

Some colors are cold and some are warm. Regardless of the snow and ice it would still look cool as blue's a cold color. I normally prefer warm colors.
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 07:33 PM

Definitely looks cold.

Could this be next year's Forum support limited edition print? smile
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/10/04 10:14 PM

I LOVE it. I like the blue...very chilling. Something makes the photo creepy...and that's what makes it spectacular. laugh
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/11/04 12:19 AM

Ice Blue!

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/11/04 05:02 AM

Bob and Dave were onto me. Here is the original:

I cropped it to pano, and hued it to blue in Photoshop. smile

Thanks for the great feedback!
Posted By: skymountain

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/11/04 12:32 PM

The photo looks much better in its' original form.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/11/04 03:14 PM

Here's a question for you, Jen. Referring to the original photo, not the one with the added blue, what effect would a powerful "fill-in" flash have on the same shot?

confused Bob confused
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/11/04 03:52 PM

Here's the image going the 'other way'. Perhaps "Hell Freezes Over" or "Global Warming". Yet we still 'see' this as a snowy image and I think our minds want to 'compensate' by thinking it must be a sunset or sunrise.

Please forgive me, Jen, for modifying your image...

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/11/04 05:04 PM

Actually, I like the blue variation because of its uniqueness.
Posted By: Lighthouse Joe

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/11/04 11:50 PM

Jenifer, I like the original. IMHO, the others look too... artificial. They look good, but not as good as the original. At least to my eyes anyway.

Nice work!
Posted By: Roxie

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/12/04 03:09 PM

I also like the blue --- it makes me feel c-c-c-c-old! smile
Posted By: Brent

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/12/04 04:42 PM

Interesting! I wonder how the blue one would look if the beacon was enhanced with just a little more light (just a "tad" more)? smile
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/13/04 11:11 AM

Isn't it wonderful how one image can evoke different feelings just by a bit of adjustment in color and cropping. They are each unique and I like them all.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/13/04 04:19 PM

Stick to the original it is GREAT!

While the blue effect catches a person's attention, the original catches the Heart!
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Thoughts on this Photo? - 03/13/04 06:56 PM

My opinions on the three:

Blue mod: Coooold. The change makes the photo very eerie. Like the ghost of a keeper long past is going to jump out at you any second.

Original: Like Paul said, it captures the heart. It has warm tones up top, morphing to cool ones on the bottom. Very unique!

John's Orange Mod: Martian looking, but cool (in the neat sense of the word). It definitely looks like a sunset. Very interesting!

It is amazing the changes that can be made with the features available in imaging software. You can do so many things to a photo. But of course, only the original can truly evoke the feeling of being there. smile
© 2024 Collector Forums