LighthouseKeepers.com

Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005

Posted By: sandy

Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 06/30/05 02:18 AM

Hubby and me and the dog took the RV out in early June. Traveled to Bar Harbour area and into Canada and took pics of lighthouses along the way.

Egg Rock, Maine

Bear Island, Maine

Bass Harbor Head, Maine

Prospect Harbor, Maine

Winter Harbor, Maine

Lubec Channel, Maine

West Quoddy Head, Maine

Two more (Canadian) on next pass.
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 06/30/05 02:44 AM

Your pictures are great Sandy. I did those a few years ago.

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 06/30/05 05:14 AM

Finished up that trip with:

Mullholland, New Brunswick

and East Quoddy Head, New Brunswick

Next pass will be the lighthouses photographed during a 3-day trip to New Jersey this past weekend.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 06/30/05 05:20 AM

Thanks for sharing, Sandy. Always nice to tag along on other's lighthouse adventures.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 07/01/05 04:07 AM

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us Sandy. Is that you waving at us at West Quoddy? That lighthouse sure looks great after it's recent painting.

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 07/01/05 04:30 AM

Yep, that's me. Stan insists on taking a picture with me in front--says it will be my "signature" indicating that I was there.

West Quoddy does look nice, doesn't it. We were there in July of 2003 but the pictures were awful and you can barely make out the tower stripes in the fog that was there that day. We weren't even able to see Lubec or Mulholland, and East Quoddy Head's tower (red cross only) is visible through the fog. The weather was much better this time--at least on the day these were taken.
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 07/01/05 06:41 PM

Hi Sandy,

Great pictures of some of my favorite places!

Did you go down all the steps to actually get over to East Quoddy?

It looks as though they cut down some of the trees near the lighthouse. When I was there the
trees were grown up around it so you really couldn't see it too good. It was before the stairs had beeb redone and they went straight up and down with some broken rungs. We didn't attempt to go over. It was too scary!

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 07/01/05 07:45 PM

Kay,

We were there in July of 2003 and Stan ventured over to the LH site. The tide was out (requirement to navigate the treacherous slimey rocks and ladder rungs) and vowed he'd never try that again. Needless to say, even tho' the weather was much clearer than it was in 2003, "He Who Takes Chances Even Tho' He Has An Extruded Disk" let me know (even tho' I hadn't asked) that he had no intention of going to the site this time. (Besides, the tide was in!!)
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 07/05/05 03:19 AM

Nice catch with the gull at Prospect Harbor Sandy. Again, thanks for sharing your nice pics from your lighthouse adventures.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Maine/Canadian Lighthouses--June, 2005 - 07/06/05 01:10 AM

Thanks for sharing your nice photos. When we were at West Quoddy there was scaffolding around the tower which didn't make for memorable photos! It really is a beauty.
Judy
© 2024 Collector Forums